Legion
Wanted Thread
Captain of Grootslang
Art Shop Thread
11 Threads
125 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-17-2017, 07:47 PM

"We can't necessarily do so," Ananke corrects. "Not easily, anyways. Some demons can't change their appearance without great pain. And in an ill-fitting body, the physical sensation can be... unpleasant." She's talking from personal experience, of course. The child-demon has occasionally taken non-child forms, when the need arises. Usually it involves an undercover assignment, pretending to be a teenager or young adult, but the bodies she creates never feel right. They are too large, too stretched out. Often not completely correct approximations of the human body.

Still, if Orcus is anything to go by, along with many other demons she has encountered, the day will probably come that Ananke will see fit to become something else. That day isn't today, however. "If you want an easy transformation, at least, the shapeshifting dominion is required. I suppose you could pray to your respective God and hope for the best. Or pay off the Fortune Teller." The latter option being surprisingly reliable, for a mysterious someone that usually appears out of nowhere to take three hundred dollars from you, only to disappear again.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Administrative Apprentice at Henche and Sweeney
Art Shop Thread
14 Threads
86 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM

Sage listened to Ananke intently. The mysteries of the demons had always fascinated her. Sure, she probably could ask Orcus all about what it's like to be a demon, but she doubted he would tell her much.

"Oh man, the shape shifting dominion would be so cool!" she said, thinking again of making herself taller or turning into a bird. "I've never thought about going to the Fortune Teller, but I also don't really care much about my dominions. It's like the color of my hair or my skin; they're just a part of me that I don't really think much about most of the time." A contemplative look crossed Sage's face and she looked over at Orcus.

"Actually," she mused, "I guess they're more a part of Orcus, who's a part of me, since humans don't really have powers themselves." The idea was kind of a weird one to think of. Sage couldn't really picture herself without her animals or her blanket of warmth for whenever she got cold. Dominions were such a common, important part of her life that she couldn't imagine not having them.

Find Ananke

Quote Post
Played by SweetDreamur
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Captain of Grootslang
Art Shop Thread
11 Threads
125 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-21-2017, 08:21 PM

"Mmmm." Ananke doesn't necessarily agree, but the way people view their dominions is purely subjective, so trying to correct or even supplement Sage's view with her own would be a waste of time. To her, dominions are tools, something to be gained and honed, then used to achieve an end. She has never shared her life with a human's, and doesn't intend to any time soon. They are a part of her, but the way her skills and experiences are instead of her hands or hair or teeth.

Those are more easily changed, not like this small body and its stubborn height. Or her taste in clothes, but- that's hardly an important issue. There are more pressing matters to worry about than the exact style of coat to wear.

Now that she thinks about it, does it really matter so much that her new one it like the old? It's dark and it fits her; she may as well buy it. "I am going to go purchase my things," the child-demon announces, and whether Sage takes this as a sign that the conversation is over, or just moving elsewhere, does not matter to her.

Subscribe Pages (2): « Previous 1 2