Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Bartender
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
40 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 05-09-2017, 06:21 PM by Coyote Boones Posted | 05-09-2017, 06:21 PM

C O Y O T E     B O O N E S

Spending night and day in a shabby old tavern was not ideal, and Coyote just needed to get away from the ruckus. Most of his patrons seemed to come around in the evening, and taking just a few hours for himself to leave the confinement he felt when there was exactly what he needed. He was leaning against his bar counter, staring at some raggedy old man who looked about to fall over and smelled no better than he appeared. Watching his eyes slowly slip shut, before he had enough. He took his fist and smashed it onto the counter, startling the old man awake with the sudden noise. The patron snorted and grunted but Coyote’s gruff response was simply ‘Out. We’re closed’.

That was when he came here. There was not much he liked about Ghost Town. Hell there wasn’t much he liked about The City. But as long as he had a bit of grass under the palms of his hands every once in a while, he could manage to survive. The cowboy was laying in the grass, leaning back against a tree. His ankles were crossed, and complete relaxation took him. One hand was playing against the grass, and a cowboy hat was hung low enough to cover his face. The only sign with his even breathing that he was awake, was the single hand plucking at the grass absentmindedly.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Administrative Apprentice at Henche and Sweeney
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-09-2017, 11:22 PM

Sage made her way to one of the parks in Ghost Town. It was one of the more solid ones, one of the few that didn't change its location every day. It wasn't the largest one, but it was still a great place to go and read. With her grey bag under her arm, her old brown boots, and her long, floral dress, the girl looked absolutely spring-y. Her long hair was pulled back and Orcus flew just above her, flashing brilliantly in the sun.

Stopping, Sage took in a deep breath, enjoying the smell of dirt and grass. It was a beautiful, warm day and Sage was absolutely happy. The sun was exactly what she needed after her recent ordeal; she needed sun and dirt and maybe a body of water. Maybe she should go to the docks, just to be by the water? Well, today the park would do to ease some of the darkness she hadn't been able to shake. A good book would ease the thoughts of that day, too. Give yourself some time, Orcus thought to her, you did kill a guy.

Sage winced a little and looked down from the phoenix toward one of her favorite spots to sit and read. She was surprised to find a man sitting there who appeared to be sleeping. She didn't want to interrupt him, but it was the only tree big enough to really sit under. She stood for a moment, debating on what to do. Finally, she made a decision and carefully walked to the other side of the tree, not quite opposite the man but more adjacent. She tried to put a little distance between them as to not wake the man before settling onto the grass and leaning against the tree, her head leaned back and her eyes watching the leaves. Orcus found a low branch and settled down.

With a contented sigh, Sage moved to carefully pull her book from her bag while trying to keep as quiet as possible.

Find Coyote Boones

Quote Post
Played by Larks
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Bartender
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
40 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-13-2017, 02:10 PM

The cowboy could hear her, moving down to sit opposite him. The slight shuffling of the grass, the mere movements of a human amongst the rather deserted place. How intriguing that she would decide to lounge alongside him. Of course, perhaps it was because of the singular tree. He considered for a moment, keeping quiet as he listened to her small sight and the ruffling of paper. If it was him, he would not enjoy the distraction of conversation when trying to immerse in the fantasy that was a novel.

But then again.

“Nothin’ like a beautiful morning with the grass beneath your feet, and the wind along your face lil’lady. It is well to see someone appreciate it as I.”

The twang was in his voice, and his finger had pushed the tip of his cowboy hat upwards so the sound of his words would not be muffled. Plucking at the grass, his fingers loving the feel of it beneath his palm. He did not know what she looked like, but nor did he care. The cowboy was not a shallow man, and a good conversation was just that. If she would indulge, in the least. It was not as if Doc was a great conversationalist, and those in the saloon…Well, they more so just grunted a lot between themselves.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-24-2017, 08:58 PM

Sage hadn't quite gotten into the book when the stranger spoke. She had just started the first page and the sound of his voice caused her to let out a small sound of surprise and jump a little. To her, that man had been fast asleep until just then. She let out a small breath and put her hand to her chest, feeling her heart beating a little fast.

"Sorry, I thought you were asleep," she said, closing her book. While the man may be content to not look at her, Sage couldn't stand it. She moved onto her knees and leaned around the tree so she could see the man when she spoke. "I didn't mean to disturb you, it's just this is the only tree and it's really nice to read in the shade. I burn pretty easily." She gave the man a small smile.

His accent wasn't surprising, but it was nice to hear. Where she had grown up, a lot of people had pretty thick accents. The only reason she didn't was because neither of her parents did. "But yeah, it really is nice. A beautiful day to spend outside." Sage's smile grew as she looked back up toward the branches of the tree. She loved to be outdoors, and the weather really was great. Sunny and warm, but not too hot. At least not for the girl, but she was always cold, so it could be blistering and she probably wouldn't notice.

Find Coyote Boones

Quote Post
Played by Larks
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Bartender
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
40 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 05-31-2017, 03:17 AM by Coyote Boones Posted | 05-31-2017, 03:16 AM

“Disturb me? I’d say hardly. Nothing like having a bit of lovely company for a lovley day I’d say..” Coyote paused in his words, shifting to push his hat a bit more off his head and letting his eyes glance over towards her, leaning slightly and taking note of what she was doing before he pulled back to lean against the trunk again. “Although I suppose you are looking at reading. So maybe it is I who disturbs you, little lady” His lips twitched into a small smile under his mustache, his gaze moving to stare up into the branches of the tree above him.

If there was one thing he missed working in the saloon so much, it was being outside. Growing up, all he ever was was outside – And now he was lucky if he got out of the dark dankness of his saloon. Not only that, the company he kept with in his patrons was …Less than ideal most of the time. There were the randoms who could hold an intellectual conversation, but most of the time it was gurgling puking nasty old men who would rather snort and grunt than speak words. The lady next to him, she seemed nice enough, if not a little more sunshine in her voice than he was used too.

If only he actually knew she was trying to rid the thoughts of killing someone from her head, perhaps then they would bond a lot quicker as he had his own thoughts of murder, blood, and dead bodies.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-05-2017, 07:16 PM

Sage smiled and pushed her book back in her bag. "I came here to read, but I'm also open for a good conversation." The girl always loved meeting new people and forming new friendships. Plus, talking to someone would be a nice distraction. Reading could do the trick, but talking would be even better. She loved learning about new people and interacting with them; it always amazed her that so many different people could exist in the world.

To solidify her statement, Sage moved around the trunk, dragging her bag next to her. She got comfortable again as little closer to the stranger, though not so close that they were touching. Even if she had been that close, the girl probably wouldn't have noticed. She had a nasty habit of not noticing a lot of things.

"So what brings you to the park?" she asked, looking at the man. "Just enjoying some nature or am I interrupting something? I have a habit of doing that." She laughed, a high and happy laugh. Her dark thoughts cleared for a moment and her happy spark flitted through her voice. "One time, I walked up and just started talking to a guy that was meditating and did not appreciate it." She had only asked if there were bathrooms nearby, but he wasn't happy about the interruption one way or another.

Find Coyote Boones

Quote Post
Played by Larks
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Bartender
Art Shop Thread
5 Threads
40 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-15-2017, 11:29 PM

He spent his days and evenings in a grungy saloon with grumpy and grotesque patrons that only grunted their words. So at her rather spritely interaction, it shook him just a little bit. It was something he was not used too, that was for certain. Of course, it was definitely not a negative. He couldn’t help his lips curve into a bigger smile, shifting himself up slightly so he was more sitting upwards rather than laying down. His hand moved to take his hat off his head completely while she moved closer. The last thing he had expected was to converse with someone, after all that was all he seemed to do – Just for once, the person seemed to be semi-normal (if only he knew the truth) and most importantly sober

At her question, his eyes cast around the almost deserted park before landing back to the lovely lady along his side. “Nature, mostly. I come here when I’m out missing on my home. It is small, but it does the trick, y’know? I mean.. At least there is grass under me feet, and it helps settle me down quite a bit. The City can get overwhelming for folks like me. Well, I know it does for me.” His voice was rough, but there was a tinge of longing to it. How he missed riding. He missed the smell of his ranch. The work load. The saloon was fun, and it was his new home…But there was always something slightly missing. He was constantly surrounded by people, even Doc, and yet it was a lonely life he led.

A bark of a laugh escaped as she mentioned how she interrupted a man meditating. “I aint never understood how that works. I breathe just fine without needing to focus on it. But each to their own. I’m surprised he’d be snappy over a young lady interrupting him, I’d imagine you much more entertaining than any thoughts about his head.” His eyes crinkled in amusement, turning his head to look towards her. Her bubbly personality was infectious, and he was deciding he quite was happy he had arrived here when he did. She could interrupt him anytime.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 05:55 PM

Sage nodded as the man spoke, fully relating to his words. "I know what you mean," she said, twirling her fingers in the grass without pulling it up. She didn't want to kill it. "The City can be pretty crazy to me, too. I wish there were more lakes, but most of the parks seem to only have ponds. The ocean isn't quite the same." She trailed off a little, thinking about the salty spray of the sea. "I'm from a really small town in the middle of no where, and I loved working outside or just reading in the sun. You can do that here, but it's not exactly the same. It's a different feeling to be surrounded by mostly nature, as far as you can see." Sage looked out across the park where she could see the tall buildings in the distance.

"The City can be pretty great, too," she threw out, her usual enthusiasm replacing her moment of homesickness. "There are tons of things to do, but it's definitely nice to sit under a tree every once in a while."

Sage laughed a little, too, thinking about the meditating guy. "Hey, maybe he was thinking about something super, super important and I just totally ruined the moment," she said laughingly. "You can't get back some thoughts once someone interrupts them." It was nice to just sit and chat and laugh a little. It was nice to get back to something light hearted and happy and not depressing and sympathetic.

Subscribe