Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Fashion Designer (Harlequin Designs)
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 05:27 AM by Avery Montgomery Posted | 06-17-2017, 02:11 AM

The problem with favoring living vivariums for his enclosures for almost all of his pets was that he had to, continually, think of new plants to utilize in order to avoid ‘just-alike’ looks. The reptile room had walls upon walls of enclosures designed for just this purpose, as lovely as a garden in their own right with plants growing inside the terrariums for the snakes and lizards to enjoy. The problem he was running into was that he had a new pet on order: a stunning red calico amazon tree boa that he wanted to have the perfect home. He had a list of toxic plants, but he wanted something new for this particular enclosure – which meant venturing out to find clippings or to buy new plants. The sensible thing to do would probably be to visit a nursery or something, but frankly, that was boring.

He was an artist. Artists found inspiration everywhere. In this case, he wanted to visit a garden – and it just so happened that Chonchon was one of the most fantastic in the world. Where else to go to get ideas? Granted, floating gardens were hardly the easiest thing in the world to duplicate, but it at least would inspire him for the more arboreal-style enclosure he intended to create for the new snake.

Might also swipe a clipping or two if he could do so without anyone noticing. Not really prone to thieving, Avery, but these plants were unique and he doubted he would find any like them anywhere else in a little shop tucked away. Maybe, though.

Most of the area was traversed by gondola and boat, as was fitting for the floating gardens, but there was a rather impressive bridge that overlooked part of them from the main walk of Monai and that was where Avery decided to stop to look around. He pulled a small camera out of his bag and snapped a photo; it was not the most impressive thing, but it wasn’t intended to be. Inspiration-photos, nothing more. A small flowering plant in the distance on one of the floating isles caught his eye, though; it was vibrant and it was yellow and would form a nice contrast to the red snake. What was that, hmm?

notes: let me know if i need to edit

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM by Kashiro Henche Posted | 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM

Swimming in the water was frowned upon, but it was inconsequential to her. The only reason she wasn't taking a brief little dip was because the humidity was low and the heat was high, a particularly-perfect sunning opportunity for a serpent of her make and model. Kashiro chose to wear something that bared her skin so that she might soak up much of the heat, warming her naturally-cool skin as best as the indirect contact could manage. Nevertheless she's not here for herself, and that was why she was content in sitting and watching with adoration as her beloved Chester enjoyed a nice soak in the water.
Somewhere. He's tricky!

She's already on the bridge when the other person on foot approaches. There's nothing particularly spectacular about the serpent (true for many constrictors who relied on concealment to hunt) or telling towards the idea that she was contemplating any ill will against the newcomer the moment they were in range. This, of course, was because she behaved almost entirely on impulse and not even she was aware of whether or not in the next five seconds she would reach out and pull the skin from the woman's face as a snack.
The bottomside of her arms rest on the rail of the bridge while she overlooks the rippling waters, but the peripheral of her hollow, soulless eyes never take focus from the woman at her side. Once she hears the attractive 'click' of the camera she's impulsively moving closer, invading the woman's personal space (she still doesn't know what that means but she read about it once) by peering over her shoulder to see what picture she'd just taken. "Oooo, you're a photographer. How exciting!" just what did she want with silly little scenery shots, though? No no, Henche was very helpful, she knew exactly what to take a picture of. "You should take a picture of Chester next. He's like my son, you know." neo-narcissism was apparent; the cold serpent was firmly under the belief that her perception and knowledge of things was all that there was, and that it was shared through a hive existence. The assumption, then, was that the hardly-sentient serpent was entirely making sense to this perfect stranger.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 07:00 AM

Too close to him. Avery tensed immediately, shoulders tightening, and he looked over his shoulder. There was a roll in the back of his mind, slight anger rising out of sight from Camazotz. Too close. He blinked, wide-eyed and doe-like, at the… woman? Camazotz informed him that she was not what she appeared, but that was about as helpful as she got.

Brat of a demon.

“Um. Not exactly. Amateur at best,” he admitted, voice softer than he meant it to be because he was caught off-guard. His photography skills truly were pretty lacking, despite sporting a pretty decent DSLR camera. Money didn’t buy talent, but it did buy teachers so maybe he should’ve taken lessons. Thing was, he had his focus elsewhere – so he’d never seen fit to bother. He viewed himself as an artist but camera was not his medium – camera usually involved leaving his house and/or finding other people to be his models. Anything that forced him out of his house aside from to shows (wherein he could partake of copious amounts of wine and/or hard liquor) wasn’t really something he thought of as fun.

If Chester wasn’t a cheetah, he was going to be pretty damn disappointed. He kept that thought to himself and instead asked, “I could try. Where’s Chester at?” What is Chester and how likely to try and eat me is he? “I can’t promise the photo will be anything special, though. I was just taking reference photos, but I’ll try just the same.” Why? Because he was generally a polite person and, despite being shy, he was also something of a people-pleaser – preferred to indulge however he could. Plus he understood the whole pets being like your kids thing. He liked his pets far more than he liked most people, after all. Spoiled them the way people would a child as well… but that was neither here nor there.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM

There was nothing in her eyes; the sockets may well have been barren and even then they might be more expressive than the stare itself. She was beaming with a straight-toothed grin that didn't reach her eyes, a plastered expression that was learned over time and mimicked, never felt, so that the serpent might make her human skin all the more believable. "Well. Better than me, I bet." serpents were deceptive and she was particularly prone to lying; photography was easy enough and she doesn't doubt at all her capability. All you had to do was take pictures of nice things, right?

The serpent excitedly bounces in place once her invitation (a demand in disguise) is taken up. "I'll show you. Come, come!" and at that she's already flitting down the long bridge to get to the nearest piece of land that edged the wide waters. It was but a small trim of earth similar to that of a marshland. There was a small white pail that she had left there, and once her feet hit the earth she swiftly ran to it near the water's edge. Quickly she shoves her hand into the the pail and pulls out a rather sizable, thick steak and vigorously slaps the water with it, all the while yelling "Chester! Chester! I'll eat it if you don't!"
She momentarily wiggles the large piece of meat under the surface of the water and her eyes light up when she sees the ripple of the water caused by nearby gondolas suddenly shift against them rather than away from them. She throws the woman a gleeful glance, but the look in her eyes was something more akin to a sickness than anything innocent and happy. "Do you see that? It's Chester." she explains in a certain tone like it's some obscure secret.
The massive beast is heralded by the screams and panicking of tourists on the gondolas who can see something that cannot be seen from the small inlet of land. The kindred serpent fluidly backs away from the water's edge as the 14ft titan comes up and requires space to do so. The alligator crawls up the bank and follows her backwards movements with pep, his head raised and eyes locked on the handsome piece of steak she taunts him with. "Hehehe, I like how he waddles" she narrates so coldly, simply as though the beast was but a sweet little dog. "Well? He's ready for a photoshoot, don't waste his time! Here, you want to get a closeup, I think." she decides that for her, rushing up and attempting to shove the steak hard into the woman's clutches if she can. The best way to get close to hungry Chester was to smell like food he wanted!

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 10:41 PM

Maybe. Who knew? He doubted it, though. Now if she’d asked him to draw this Chester, he probably would have a lot more confidence. He was a lot more sure of his abilities when it came to hand-drawn art than anything involving technology. Cameras were not that terrible though. Not like computers. He was pretty sure those burst into flame upon sight of him. Just to save themselves the trouble.

He followed languidly and – then there were screams and –

Oh. It was a giant alligator. No big deal. Nothing to worry about at all. Avery’s stomach lurched and he wondered if he’d already specified in his will who was to care for all of his animals when he inevitably died. His face was frozen and he … stood there for several long moments before bowing his head. He also trembled when he was grabbed and the steak was shoved into his hand. Full-body tremble right down to his toes because he was reasonably confident that if he lashed out against the gator, it was going to be a fight and he wasn’t a fighter in any way, shape or form. Camazotz was, most of the time, but she didn’t do so well during the day – bats never did.

He looked green, like he might like to throw up, but he managed to bite back the bile. There was no mistaking the raw fear on his face, though, and he kind of – tossed the steak forward and then raised the camera to snap a few photos the moment the gator reacted to it. One of them was actually a really good shot, to his surprise. He took a few steps backwards, his heartbeat loud in his ears suddenly. He did not move quickly, instead just kind of… backpedaling away, pale. He looked like he might faint because he felt like he might.

He was probably supposed to say something but all he managed to do was shakily offer the camera over to her for her to see the photo that he’d taken and if it was to her taste.

Staring at the gator the whole time, mind. This is how I die.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 11:45 PM

How exciting!
She took every possible opportunity to introduce Chester; he was awfully magnificent, after all, but a foot shorter than the largest recorded alligator ever measured. Crocs got far longer but she preferred their cousins, the large and fat and lovable beasts with stocky jaws that snapped bone on sheer impact. So after she had successfully pawned the steak off on the woman, the serpent skips back a few feet out from between gator and photographer. Because she didn't want to ruin the shots, of course. Why else would she have reason to back away?

With bated breath she watches the woman pause and reverse and pause some more... and the serpent tilts her head at an odd, inhuman angle. It was an interesting technique for photography, she thought, but imagines that perhaps it was some method to slowly adjust one's perspective before taking the actual shot only once they found it fitting.
There was no real understanding of urgency as far as Chester went - not for the serpent, anyway, so she cannot possibly perceive the possibility that the woman was remotely concerned of the handsome, hungry gator.
Just like that (well, after a lot of pausing while the massive beast crawled in very close) the steak is tossed and Chester immediately hunkers his body down for balance and lifts his head up in a swift, calculated movement. Jaws launched open and then closed on the very edge of the steak, which then was tossed with a skilled flick of his skull to readjust the steak further down his gullet. Over and over it was re-positioned until it slipped down his throat and devoured with a satisfying gulp. With his head still high, the grinning monster now glared up at the woman who had just stolen pictures of him. "Such a gentleman," the Hydra coos as she skips merrily back into the fray, swiftly coming to lean over and plant a broad smooch onto the snout of the gator. It was quick and perhaps that's why it didn't garner a reaction (a serpent was a might quicker than a gator) but Kashiro doesn't quite see it that way. Why, if she could do it then so could the photographer! "..psst, you have to kiss him when he does a good job, you know." Chester was very nice! He liked to be pampered and paid attention to and if you didn't, well..
His mother got mad.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-19-2017, 11:55 PM

Stare. He stared at the gator for several long moments and – then the woman was kissing the gator and he was pretty sure it occurred to the gator to eat her face and he likely would’ve if she hadn’t been faster.

She –

Oh no. Sorry.

“I think Chester is a little out of my league, ma’am. I prefer not to bat for things that are clearly deserving of better than me.” He put the lens cap on the camera and then tucked it back into the bag, his heart thudding in his chest. If he didn’t run, he probably wouldn’t get its attention so it likely wouldn’t eat him. “I’ll have to develop the photo before you can get a copy of it. Are gators like snakes, in that you shouldn’t bother them while they’re digesting?” Obviously he knew enough about snakes to know how dangerous it was to handle them right after they’d eaten – that most of them would actually regurgitate if they were disturbed too soon after taking a meal, out of a fear response. But then, when you owned as many as he did, it was hard not to know a lot about them.

He did have some lizards, but he had no crocodilians. “My knowledge of lizards extends pretty much to tegus and water monitors, unfortunately, and they are not in the crocodilian family.” He sounded a little better – less shaky, like he thought he was going to throw up. Relaxing some? It hadn’t charged and tried to kill him yet so slow progress. Felt faint, though, and he really needed to sit down… preferably somewhere away from where the gator was at.

Because y’know. Random unconscious body. It didn’t help that Camazotz’s desire to help him out of this pickle was next to none. Should’ve listened when she bristled. You deserve whatever you get. You could live without an arm.

Jerk of a bat!

“Do you want to come with me to develop the photo? I figure we can get it printed nearby?”

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-20-2017, 12:44 AM

"HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT THAT." It isn't quite a yell but it definitely isn't at the same lax, natural volume that the typically-enthusiastic certain maintained. It was hard and sudden and so far out of the character she typically portrayed that the difference was as though she were possessed by an angry entity. There was something terribly terribly wrong with the way she stared hard at the woman, those hollow eyes still like she was waiting for her to make a single wrong move. Then, just like that, the frigidity in her bones immediately shattered and she was "real" again.
As real as she ever was, anyway. "He's not very picky, league or not - he's not shallow like you people, how silly. He's a gator." she always found that particularity to be very curious of human beings; what was settling, what was a league? She could have everything and had an eternity to have it all, why pick and choose as though she didn't have enough time to try everything?

She isn't very receptive, to say the very least. She listens but she's not responding, only speaking to mention that "Everyone likes to digest alone" not because she doesn't have answers but because she found other things far more imperative. The serpent blinks away her focus only once she's offered to accompany on the adventure of developing the pictures, and there's a liveliness that blows through her bones. "Yes, I will come with you." she announces with excitement, but just before it could be imagined that she had been successfully distracted from one thing by another exciting thing, that lightheartedness melts yet again. "...But we can't go anywhere until. you kiss. Chester. You will make him very upset if you don't kiss him before we leave. Don't be shy. I can help." Chester never bit her! The woman had to trust the serpent, she was very good with Chester and knew for a fact that he wanted to be smooched.
So says the snake.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-20-2017, 01:02 AM

The look on her face made him cringe away, a little like a puppy that had been kicked one too many times. There was a slight flash of something behind his eyes, imperceptible, but – then his entire demeanor changed. From the outside, it looked like tension in his shoulders and like his head had bowed in submission; on the inside… different.

Languid, almost bonelessly, he lifted his head and then handed off the camera bag over to her. Then he turned and closed the distance between himself and the gator, looking down at the beast with an expression somewhere between amusement and disgust. The young designer’s entire demeanor likely seemed different because the docile, going-to-faint boy was gone – replaced by a creature more than twenty times his age and significantly more relaxed with the idea of getting bitten or hurt. And a lot more willing to put up and defend herself.

Please deliver all messages for Avery somewhere else – he was unavailable for comment at the moment.

It was not common for Camazotz to completely take over her host. She could, pretty much any time she wanted actually, and a favored habit of hers was to make Avery blurt out her thoughts while retreating so that he had to deal with the repercussions of what she said or did – but, in spite of her inherent fondness for causing him great distress, evidently she didn’t intend to let him just get himself killed because of his unwillingness to stand up to someone.

She also didn’t seem eager to pick a fight, though, because she put one perfectly manicured hand on the gator’s snout (and stood poised at the ready to rip said snout off if it tried to pull any bullshit) and then leaned down to kiss the top of its nose daintily.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-21-2017, 12:26 AM

Her head tilts slowly, tipping until she's nearly looking completely sideways while she observes the sudden change. While the serpent could not identify certain expressions or gestures to mean some "universal emotion" and therefore had no idea what these such changes suggested, she only knew that they were different from the earlier disposition of the woman. So she's understandably curious but doesn't allow it to shake her headspace; Chester wanted a kiss, and if this change was going to bring that about then she would be pleased. If not then, well, she wouldn't.
Not a great result.

With bated breath she watched the woman advance towards the large titan in the grass. Chester was particularly unperturbed, the morsel in his gut digesting while he sunned in the sunlight. A low hiss sounds from the very pit of his barrel chest as he's touched, his neck stretching up similar to the way he had done so when he fetched the airborne steak. The kiss on his sensitive snout instinctively forces his jaws open and the rolling sound muffled in his throat is now free to bare the full of his volume. The Hydra was pleased, highlighted by a happy flurry of applause and a bounce on her heels. She was upon Chester in an instance, reaching around and grabbing the beast's jaws and forcibly clamping them shut. There was no sense of urgency emanating from her and that made it impossible to tell whether she did this for some reason or if she was just playing with the gator. But either way she's beaming, a pep in her step as she rounds to the front of the beast and coos directly in his face. "Happy boy, happy boy!" she recites to him and perhaps she's attempting to convince the beast of that lest he u p s e t her. Unfortunately Chester had other plans, and began attempting to reverse away from the apex reptile that had him by the snout. Perhaps he knew she could not be destroyed, or perhaps she had made an example out of the beast to the point where it was wary of her for the most part. But either way, rather than fight it chose to escape. Once he hisses at her through shut jaws, however, the Hydra aggressively shakes the beast's head with her grip holding his jaws together. Despite how rough the movement was, she was still incredibly chirpy and happy. She leaned over close to the beast's face and smooched his nostrils. "Aww, Cranky Chester. Do you want me to rip out your pelvis and wear it like a hat? No you do not, no you do not! ...Silly. He wants to go digest his food, I bet." and so the sporadic serpent quits baby-talking the massive gator and sets him free, skipping quickly back towards the bridge. "I'm excited to see those photos! Come, come!"

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-21-2017, 03:16 AM

The gator didn’t immediately rip their face off. Pleased, Camazotz took a step back, fluid and then cocked her head to the side. She left the demoness to handle her gator and went back a ways, far enough not to inadvertently get tail-swiped if the beast decided he wanted to put one of them in their place. Once she was safely out of view, Camazotz turned away and her face changed. Black in her skull, almost imperceptible, and – then the tension came back to her shoulders and Avery was back in a heartbeat.

Nope, not dealing with your newfound demon-friend. You can deal with her. Gross.

Avery lifted his head, turned and – the gator was thrashing. He looked a little alarmed again, but he said nothing. Just took his camera and when the woman came skipping back, he stared pointedly at her feet as if he was trying to decipher if he was in some kind of nightmare or something. Maybe he was. This was incredibly strange.

“Um. I think there’s a place to get them developed nearby…” He turned and headed up onto the bridge, a little too quickly because he really didn’t want to visit with Chester anymore. In retrospect, it was a very attractive crocodilian and he loved reptiles. He just… really didn’t have any experience with them or that specific animal and he was extremely nervous because of it. He wouldn’t exactly go around handling venomous snakes, no one in their right mind played with them freehandling, and he didn’t view playing with a crocodile any more reasonably. But she didn’t seem to mind so –

Weird creature. “I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Avery,” he said without looking up at her face. His fingers wrung together over his camera anxiously. Little tick. I’m not scared, you’re scared.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-22-2017, 01:20 AM

How exciting, and also quite strange. She had gotten very used to instant photos, you see, but it wasn't like she wasn't alive in a time where you had to actually "develop" them. She just happened to embrace the instant displays that Nikons and Canons now had in modern day, but that was okay. It opened place for an adventure, and that was always welcome with her. So she pretty much bounces after the woman, her skips long and loping like the sort you saw on television. Even despite how the movement should have naturally jostled her entire body each time her feet hit, there was strangely enough no jerking or sudden movement to her as she moved. She was systematic, mechanical, eerily smooth and very wrong. Her thigh-low dress fluttered prettily and that was really the only indication that the movements she was making were strenuous. "How exciting. You'll have to show me the entire process - I love watching people develop pictures." would he need a dark room and everything too? That was her favorite part of the old school method of photography, she decided.
THE D A R K.

She slows as the woman introduces herself. Perhaps she was considering the name - and she decides that she quite likes it. It was very nice for a woman with her sort of face, she thinks! "Hello Avery!" she says hello again like she's just met her for the first time and technically in her head she did in a way because now she had a name to the woman. "I am Kashiro. That is what they call me." which was... a very strange way of stating one's name, but there was a perfectly good historical reason to that which very few had dug into. "So, what do you think? Isn't Chester pretty? You should add him to your portfolio, I promise you he will improve it. Reptiles are always in season" if the serpent did say so herself.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-22-2017, 02:48 AM

Love… oh. You think – but –

“I’m afraid it’s a digital camera, so it’s not as interesting as traditional media.” I feel like I need to be apologizing for this and hoping you don’t decide that this makes me deserving of being thrown back in with the gator to scramble.

Please don’t.

She kind of terrified him. Seemed really happy and bubbly with random bursts of I WILL STARE THROUGH YOUR SOUL and it was just not something he was used to at all. Didn’t seem to phase Camazotz, but not much did phase her. But Avery? He was skittish, very much the sheep versus the wolf, and he was scared of making her angry enough to hurt him.

What did he think? “Is he Alligator mississippiensis?” It was the scientific name, which… probably was a pretty big indicator that Avery was kind of a reptile person. But if that wasn’t enough, he said, “I keep two species of varanus but I’ve never owned any crocodilians. He’s pretty. Big. Males get bigger than females in crocodilians right? Most lizards, whereas it’s the reverse with snakes. He’d be among friends with the photography I usually take. I was trying to get pictures of some of the plants to add to a bioactive enclosure for my new epicrates subflavus coming soon. I like to grow the plants out before I actually add them – so they have a naturalistic, but safe, place. I’m pretty sure my camera roll is primarily reptilian … with like one or two tarantulas or millipedes here or there.”

Introducing: Avery the Nerd. He wasn’t at all sorry, though. She had a pet alligator. If she was gonna judge him for having a millipede as a pet, he was pretty sure that was one of the least interesting things about him to be concerned with.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
30 Threads
375 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-25-2017, 05:14 PM

...oh. That was considerably disappointing.
Her head cocks as she considers this change in plans - so no dark room, no pretty red lights and placing the photos into solution while they formulated. She wonders then why she can't just see the photos right away if they're digital, but she suspects - and expects - that the finished product will be far nicer if she's actually being made to wait until she can see them. Hopefully that's the case. Reptiles tended to compensate for wasted time if the reward they've waited for is not as sufficient as the size of their appetite that's only grown over the span of time. "..hmmm, okay. I am sure you will still keep me entertained." she decides under her breath but it's audible enough to be heard. you DID promise me an adventure, after all and her definition of that was... rather extreme.

"Oh... what? No, he's not missing a penis. They're stored inside, you know." she squints sharply at the woman because she answered her question with a question of her own. Therefore she'd misheard most of it and had to acclimate to the unexpected response (she expected only a 'yes he's wonderful' from the woman and did not like that she did not hear that) that she'd just been given. "He is American, but he was living in a sewer with some poacher." who, of course, had gotten what he deserved.
The woman only then gave the serpent what recognition she demanded for Chester, but with that came a whole host of.. other things. The serpent merely blinks while she listens, undecided on whether she should stop the woman short with abrupt responses to each sentence or wait until she was done. "Scaled dimorphism. I am very large for that. Blue Whales are very tasty snacks!" and she was certainly large enough to bite holes through them. That's all she says on the matter of differing sizes, really, because as it stood it was something she lived with for almost 5,000 years. She did not know the scientific names for many things but she knew how they were, how they worked, what they felt like; she was these things and took for granted how complicated they may have been to something which was not the same as her. Life was simple as the beast that she was - she did not measure carefully her meals nor did she manage humidity or environment like a carefully-made science. She did as her body suggested, used her gut to decide what it was that her skin wanted, and it was always just right. That's why she decides to halfheartedly declare "I.. don't know what any of that is" with a simple shake of her head. "What is it exactly that you're keeping in cages again? subflavors?" that's all she really knew - the woman was keeping something in an enclosure which the serpent found awfully unfortunate. Chester was never caged, he was free just like the serpent herself! People complained, of course, but they just ate them.
Problem solved.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
396 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-25-2017, 10:36 PM

… the way she said that made him vaguely nervous. Like he was pretty sure that was some kind of veiled threat. Or maybe he was just looking for reasons to be frightened since she’d whipped out a gator as her pet and didn’t even seem to realize how exotic or strange that was.

If he noticed, though, that his rambling did not fall on receptive ears, Avery didn’t give any indication of it. Socially awkward bat? Yes, sometimes. Blue… oh. Uhm?

Poacher. “Sounds like he had a rough go of things to start and he’s lucky he found you.” He meant that and sounded like he did. Animals didn’t deserve to be abused. They were one of the few precious things in life left, as far as he was concerned, and for the most part, that was something Camazotz agreed about. But – why did she sound like that about cages? “I raise captive bred reptiles, tarantulas and millipedes.” He blinked, but left off the species, because he preferred to use their proper scientific names over common names (because he was a nerd like that). “Usually I try for rain forest species or ones who are suffering from habitat destruction, because I have an entire room dedicated to as naturalistic of enclosures as I can manage – well, actually, two rooms; one room is for the snakes, one for the lizards and the other weird stuff.”

His favorite was the tarantula, though. Old world Ts were so grouchy and his cobalt blue was no exception. They lacked the ability to remember and recognize their owners, though, so his was not a handling specimen. He enjoyed him though. They were safe with him~

Subscribe Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next »