Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-01-2017, 02:53 AM

To be fair it sounded quite unusual, the sort of thing you'd only hear someone candidly say on a dieting commercial or body-positive program - but the serpent, a creature who had literally built her body, it was like describing a masterpiece she had worked tirelessly to construct.

She's relatively quiet at the time, head cocking though eyes remaining forward as still on the path ahead they move. It's really not apparent that she's listening until she finds a moment where she is given something to respond to, a prompt that triggers her mechanical reaction of speech which most typically was not triggered merely for the sake of it. She treated most all of life systematically, like a science that needed proper procedure, and did not waste her time with idle, real interaction. It was like convening with fish in a bowl; it was never to be considered real. "..It is watery because you boiled the noodles too long. They are sponges, you know. They like the water, and then dilute the cheese. 10 minutes exactly." it was systematic information, a cold troubleshoot that relayed information that she had concrete in her mind. For such a creature as her who ate and ate and tore through life like a bull in a china shop it was surprising that she knew such intricacies concerning such a sport as cooking which demanded ingredients be followed, demanded dexterity and discipline. Henche was capable of a lot of things. Whether or not she exercised that depended on whether there was an easier way with a lot less energy exhausted. "I am not so picky. Only for sanitary purposes, but otherwise if I am hungry I will eat!" she didn't really mind watery macaroni very much. But if she said she wanted something then she wanted it exactly the way she wanted it lest whoever cooked it become the main course. If she wanted watery food she would expect it to be watery, and likewise if she wanted it done properly then that is exactly what she would expect to put on a fork. That sort of back and forth without any seeming method made things... quite difficult for her captured chefs. At least with normal masters, the chefs could assume that the dishes needed to be made according to recipes each time - but sometimes the serpent wanted something different from them. Sometimes she wanted to try cinnamon on her steak (for whatever reason) and if that was the case they had the task of making it remotely presentable.
Unfortunate!

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Fashion Designer (Harlequin Designs)
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 09-25-2017, 07:31 AM by Avery Montgomery Posted | 09-25-2017, 07:16 AM

Boiled the…? Oh. I just assumed that my noodles were watery because I add too much milk at the end or something. Too much butter. It’s not supposed to be soup, Avery!

Still, noodles being overcooked made a fairly large amount of sense. Shame that he was almost positive that he could do nothing for it. On a basic level, cooking was science, and Avery should have been good at it because he loved science. But he liked biology more than anything else, and biology was different than chemistry. Distinctly, if you trusted his high school grades to judge by. Ugh.

Not so picky. Well.

“I eat pretty much anything,” he agreed. “But I am bad at cooking so I tend to eat take out and delivery a lot – and when I’m not doing that, I find people to cook for me.” And foods that could be eaten raw were divine. Like fish. He was a big fan of fish. “What’s your favorite food?” Curious human was curious.

Their walking had led them back toward the cars, where he left his parked. He was not sure how she would react to being in a car, but she seemed mostly assimilated into human society so maybe it would not be that big of a deal? One could only hope.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-25-2017, 10:40 PM

Overboiled noodles was the only thing you couldn't cook down. Too much butter and too much milk was added after the fact of the noodles solidifying their shape - as she had known, you could therefore simply cook down these external liquids into a fine sauce. The sponginess of the noodles, however, was something you could not remove by cooking down. She was surprisingly picky with her food when it came to making sure it was done right - and assuming it was done right she would be more than happy to eat it! For this reason, needless to say, The City's restaurants were very much on edge when the crime boss decided to dine there. Nothing should be overcooked, nothing should crunch in her mouth if it was not made to, nothing should be hard if it was meant to be tender. And oh did she time her meals, oh did she time how long it SHOULD take to finish the dish(es) she asked for and if it was too long, well.. you know.

"..Oh, we're very alike!" she blurted out happily, the surprise in her voice certainly apparent. At least in terms of eating and what they chose to eat and how. That was very interesting! "I do not cook for myself often. I pay for people to do that," she so simply says, "but i have eaten food long enough to know what it is supposed to be like. How unlucky if they do it wrong!" because, of course, her cruelty was only hinged entirely on luck of the individual.

Hmm.. no one has ever asked her that, she does not suppose. Perhaps because they've seen her eat and immediately decided that the Hydra would not care what she ate as long as it was food - which was not true. So she searches through the many centuries and cultures she has followed the development of throughout time, moving from place to place and taking all they had to offer. What was her favorite..? "I like..." she pauses, a single finger pushing on her chin thoughtfully as she considers it. Of course it would be some type of meat, that was absolutely her favorite food of all time. "..steak. I like steak. Kobe. Wagyu. All the things with horns and hooves who wear the little cowbells." there were such interesting cattle that she had eaten all throughout time and some were particularly delectable! "What do you like to eat?" she asks the woman, and hopes it is at least as interesting as wagyu!

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM

Did people who prepared food incorrectly for this woman end up being food for Chester? He… had a feeling they did, actually, which was kind of disconcerting. Oops.

What did he like?

“My favorite food –” Is probably apples but you don’t need to know that. “Maybe ahi tuna? Sushi grade. Raw, served with a little wasabi on the side. I basically am a big fan of all things seafood though. Scallops and shrimp, yum. I can eat my weight in them. I actually did eat so much shrimp once that a restaurant threw me out…” Not his shining hour but his thought process had been that if he was going to pay for all you can eat, by god, he was going to eat all he could hold. And yes, he’d gotten sick afterwards. Probably should’ve been embarrassed. Oh well.

But they’d reached his car, a little two door sports car – fancy shmancy, which was comical because he’d actually gotten a good deal on it just due to his name. Oops. “Did you want to ride with me or follow in your car?” I assume you have a car and don’t just walk everywhere but at this point I wouldn’t put it past you not to ride into battle on your alligator or something. Weird thoughts, but he kept them to himself because it didn’t really matter. The whole plan was to go back to his place, after all, and how they got there was irrelevant.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-29-2017, 12:12 AM

Oh, so not AS interesting as wagyu (really, who on earth compared seafood to meat) but tasty nonetheless. The serpent loved seafood! In fact, she hunted (poached into extinction, really) many species of marine life as a Hydra, jaws wide and size formidable enough that she took massive bites out of whales as a little snack on the go. "Sushi is very pretty! But I love shrimp the most. I like when they batter them." butterfly shrimp was very expensive for a reason, you know! "Hehehe, but you are so small!" she was enamored by the idea that the woman was possibly able to eat so much that they'd thrown her out! Well, the serpent had many try to do that to her but as it stood it was a little difficult to rid of a millionaire Hydra who just openly threatens to rip your face off if you separate her from her food source. It should be noted that the serpent does not distinguish between her two forms - one is not larger or more formidable than the other; she is the same beast, requires the same amount of food and space and comfort either way. So understandably it was quite strange to see such a dainty (though tall) woman speak in such a tone.

Oh, look! Their journey let them to a pretty little car - how exciting. She'd definitely strayed far too far away from the classic Rolls Royce and its driver for it to be of any use to her in this very moment - so she decides that the sports car will do! It wasn't like a beat up old van, after all. "I will come with you!" all too eager, perhaps, enough that a person might heavily reconsider unlocking the passenger side door as the serpent happily bounced her way onto that side of the car and waited with bated breath to be let in.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Sekah

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
OOC Roleplayer
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Head Admin
Art Shop Thread
65 Threads
969 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-29-2017, 08:43 PM

Mastery Gift for Kashiro Henche

Your dominion has grown in strength. Be careful: the danger of it has risen.

Your Ice dominion ...

... has now achieved the mastery MAJOR. Congratulations!

Find Renoir

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
OOC Roleplayer
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Herpetoculturist | Snake Breeder
Art Shop Thread
7 Threads
162 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 09-30-2017, 06:26 AM by Renoir Posted | 09-30-2017, 06:26 AM

delete me pls ;;

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-30-2017, 06:26 AM

Breaded, huh? “Shrimp tempura is divine. But I like mine best slathered in garlic because I enjoy my breath being lethal.” Not literally but close enough. He liked a lot of garlic. On a lot of things. Probably could eat it raw, too. Good thing garlic was good for you, right? Boosted the immune system. Kept the vampires away, too.

Small…?

Lady, hasn’t anyone ever told you that calling a guy small is kind of rude? Except, he wasn’t insecure about it. Avery was downright petite. It was annoying when he was growing up and other kids enjoyed bullying him for it – but they worked at fast food restaurants and he could afford to drink wine that cost more than their cars did every single night. Hard to be too worked up over it.

Avery used his key fob to unlock the car and then motioned. She went to her side, so he got in and buckled up, asking, “Have you ever been to Jitter’s? They have some of the best seafood I’ve ever had and they just opened. In Monai, too.” Was a higher-end place, and the name should’ve been a bar, but they had a raw oyster bar so it probably counted, right?

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Hmm, she liked garlic too! "Garlic is very universal," she says, "i love how you can put it on ANYTHING. Crushed cloves on lambchops, or powder in burger patties, shreds in pasta, baked in bread or a glaze for shrimp! It is always complimentary." she found it sad how no one ever gave it the appreciation it so needed! Why, without it every dish would certainly test far more bland. It seemed no one knew what they had until it was gone - but not this woman! She seemed to like it quite a bit.

The moment her door was unlocked, the serpent opened it and slipped into the passenger seat, making herself comfortable. It was not a car she had ever been in before - the make and model, anyway - but she decided it was quite nice! The classic Royce was very typical for her, but this was an adventure! "...oo, i've never heard of that place. I would like to go! If they have good seafood then I will eat it all!" and she meant that, jovial and overexcited commentary aside. "I love seafood. When I lived in the sea it was mostly all I ate - had to find where the fishermen were, you see. So I followed the crabs and the shrimp and to find those I had to follow the whales, which were also very tasty!" She'd been mistaken for the Lochness monster quite a few times!

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-03-2017, 12:42 AM

Universal. Yes. Also supposedly good at boosting immune system response and warding off vampires. Garlic was basically fabulous though. He liked the smell too. Probably said something about him that he was just shamelessly drawn to it. Don’t even care if it’s strong. Just put three times the amount of garlic needed into it.

Eat it all?

Um. Okay. “We’ll go sometime,” he said, and then realized he was committing to hanging out with someone who had tried to make him kiss an alligator. Well okay then. Weirdo. Lived in the sea? Demons were so strange sometimes. Camazotz seemed to find the whole thing really amusing, though. She was highly of the opinion that this one was entertaining and that they needed to take her to a chicken farm and just point her in the direction of the coop with a camera. None of that, you. “Never had whale. Like crab and shrimp though. And most fish.” Did you just say you also ate fishermen?

“I like the ocean in general. Freeing.” He’d only been to the sea directly a couple of times but he liked it a lot. He was intimidated by the waves though and never swam. His luck, he’d drown.

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-03-2017, 02:12 PM

Someone else could hear an idle response for the sake of conversation - she heard a genuine promise that they would go to this lovely seafood place someday soon! "You should absolutely try whale! Do you know if they have it at this place? ..it does not matter, I will bring you a whale someday." and she literally meant a whale. The weight was no problem, it was the length that was the tricky part! But she had six heads and was sure she could manage to carry the thing over to her new friend! "Hmm. What is your favorite fish to eat?" she doesn't know if she's really all that fond of fish - a lot of them were very difficult to make absorb flavor, which of course was attributed to the structure of their meat. So much water. She liked the mammals, you see - the porpoise and whales and of course the humans. She'd taken a fancy to crustacean only after observing the whales as she hunted them, and then the inquisitive demon decided to eat the way she had seen them do. Once she adapted to the food chain and where humans sat upon it, the adaptive serpent then knew exactly what animals to look for in order to find her way to a human vessel. The whales led her to the shrimp and those led her to many school of fish which of course led to ships with nets cast down in wait.

"..yes. It is very wide and free - the ocean. It is also very.. hmm. safe." that was where she had gone to be away from mankind, to be safe from them once they had beheaded her at all six napes of the Hydra's necks. It welcomed her with a heavy cold and a sleep that would help her forget the worst of it.

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-03-2017, 11:18 PM

B-bring him a whale…?

What was he going to do with a whale?

Based on the fact that Kashiro owned an alligator, he was betting that she meant it literally, too. And he had a moment to wonder if he could even fit a whale into his apartment. He was moving soon, he’d come to that conclusion, but he didn’t know if he could fit a whale into the new place either. Definitely not enough room to move.

Whaaaales.

“I like tuna best,” he chirped happily, but… safe?

The way she said it suggested there was a story there, or something that she wasn’t saying. But that was true of most demons. They all had stories they didn’t fully share. Camazotz had proven that in the twenty three years they’d been together; he was still learning things about her he’d never known. And he also knew better than to inquire. If she wanted him to know, she’d have told him. He wasn’t rude enough to pry.

“Maybe some day I’ll go. I’ve never been swimming in the ocean. I’m not that strong of a swimmer. I’m okay, but Camazotz – my other half – she likes the air better, so I’ve never spent a lot of time in the water.”

Find Kashiro Henche

Quote Post
Played by Onii
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Luxuria Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
33 Threads
461 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-04-2017, 11:33 PM

"Oooh, tuna" she says reflexively as she considers it. She'd never been drawn to the meat in the little cans, but the fish were very common to find in the ocean. She did eat them in such a way, but yet did not chase prepared dishes with tuna in the same fervor. How strange. "that has lots of mercury in it, you know." that was maybe not so good, right?

Oh, how exciting! "Oh, you will love it!" she was very excited that the woman was considering it! It was a very lovely place, it was a shame not everyone understood that. "It is an excellent place, and do you know-" she attempts to gesture with her hands, a flat and exposed palm meeting the other as she speaks; "-they have these brine pools and they are so full of salt you know and then - the ocean sits on top okay. You can actually walk on them, they are so dense but they look like lakes under the ocean and they are little tunnels!" the water was so dense with salt that it weighted down to the bottom of the already-dense ocean. It was the most beautiful thing!

"speaking" | thinking

Find Avery Montgomery

Quote Post
Played by Renoir
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
23 Threads
792 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 04:54 AM

Mercury. Yeah. One of many reasons why Avery didn’t eat it in the amounts he would’ve liked. That and he was terrified of becoming fat. He had a bad habit of eating – and then throwing up most of what he ate if he went in excess. Because he panicked if he gained any weight. One of the many negatives of the fashion industry, unfortunately, and he fit that stereotype to a T.

Must be dainty and beautiful!

Brine pools? “That sounds incredible. I would love to see that.” He meant that. Avery generally loved the beauty of nature. Took great pains to appreciate and respect it in all its forms. The ocean had always been one of those places, though, that he both admired and feared. It was wild and uncontrollable, so to speak, and he was very much a creature of the air versus of the water. He sucked at swimming so that helped.

“Maybe some day I’ll have to go scuba diving?”

Subscribe Pages (3): « Previous 1 2 3