White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Information Broker
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
204 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 06-28-2017, 12:00 AM

It had taken a while to convince her. But it was needed - sorely needed. Whatever hell Sage was going through, well, she needed something to remind her that life could be good again. That sure, the pain would never be gone, nor the trauma. But that did not stop you from enjoying other things that life had to offer, if only you were willing to give it the opportunity. That's what he had learned, in the months after the rape.

So Evan had somehow managed to convince his friend to come with him, just a fun day somewhere - no drama, no talk of anything. Just old plain fashioned fun. However, he wanted it to be a surprise to her - so he'd showed up at her house, then cajoled until she acquiesced to wrap a scarf around her eyes. They talked, mostly variations of 'Can I take it off?', until they arrived at the place.

If she paid attention, it would undoubtedly be easy to guess where they were. Still, Evan stood behind her and undid the knot on the scarf. "You need to hang around live animals for one!" he exclaimed, smiling widely as Sage got her first glimpse of the petting zoo. There were all kind of smallish animals - well, at least inoffensive animals. The staff probably had the dominion, so nothing shouldn't go amiss, hopefully.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Administrative Apprentice at Henche and Sweeney
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 07-20-2017, 10:07 PM

It was the first time Sage had been out of the apartment for anything besides work or groceries in a while. If it had been anyone else, she never would have agreed to put on a blind fold and accompany them to a mystery location. But she could trust Evan, and she probably did need a day off from moping and watching TV.

The sounds of yelling children and the smells of dirt and farmyard feed met her as they got to the location. She had asked Evan over and over where they were going, but she didn't really want to know. The moment he had tied that scarf around her head, she felt her old yearning for adventure spark back up. The flame needed some fanning, but it was there none the less.

The fabric fell away from her face and Sage squinted her eyes. Shielding them, she looked around and laughed. "A petting zoo?" she asked incredulously, still laughing a little. "And my animals are just fine, thank you very much!" Grinning, she lightly punched Evan on the shoulder. As usual, she had her own pet of sorts with her; a small raven with a broken neck that never seemed to bother it sat comfortably in her grey bag. Orcus, as usual, sat on her shoulder. He wasn't fond of being around this many children. They had a habit of wanting to touch his feathers, the little idiots.

"Okay, this is actually pretty cool," Sage said as they moved toward the zoo. She could hear the animals now, bleating or whatever sound they made. "How'd you know I loved animals?" Sage asked jokingly. She stroked Orcus's head absentmindedly.

Find Evan Morgan

Quote Post
Played by Callanthas
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Information Broker
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
204 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-19-2017, 04:16 PM

He gave a fake yelp of pain as she hit him, smile wide. It was a rather wondrous change, how she had managed to *smile* as she realized where she was. That smile made him feel happy, and perhaps a little hopeful. Did it mean her nightmare was over? Well, not that a thing like that could ever be over - she would carry it with her for the rest of her life. But this might signify that there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

"Oh you know, I had a vague idea after seeing your undead Snow White act." he joked. They walked inside, Evan having bought the tickets previously. He'd never had any pets - his grandmother wasn't particularly fond of anything other than fish and even then she complained about cleaning the tank. But he liked them well enough, and so followed Sage into whatever enclosure she saw fit to wander into.

The goats, however, the goats were a problem. One of them took a particular dislike to him and started headbutting him. Thankfully, it was a kid so there were no horns yet. But still, after the fifth headbutt right at his buttocks, he decided enough was enough and exited the enclosure while an attendant restrained the murderous little shit. "Why don't we over to the llamas? I mean, at most they'll only spit on me, right?"

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Administrative Apprentice at Henche and Sweeney
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-27-2017, 08:20 PM

Sage laughed again. It felt strange, like she hadn't been happy for years. It hadn't been that long really, but it was the first major sadness she'd had for any extended amount of time. Crying over an ex or an animal that wasn't animated anymore didn't compare in any way to the grief she felt over this one. It still hung in the back of her mind, even here, surrounded by children and animals.

Killing a man didn't go away so easily.

Sage shook the thoughts away and headed over to the closest animals she could touch. It was a bunch of goats making noise and playing. There were little tables and places for the goats to climb. Sage made her way towards one that stood in the middle of the picnic table, looking proud and defiant. "He's king goat!" she said, rubbing his head and laughing.

When Evan left, Sage followed. She hadn't even really noticed the one headbutting him; she'd been too distracted by the king goat. "Yeah, that sounds awesome! I don't think I've ever seen a llama up close and everything. The county fair had a petting zoo like this, but it mainly had like barnyard animals." Excitedly, she followed the arrow shaped sign that pointed towards the llamas.

Find Evan Morgan

Quote Post
Played by Callanthas
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Information Broker
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
204 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-10-2017, 11:38 PM

They made their way over to the Llama enclosure, while Kordran made biting remarks about Evan's defeat against a goat. The young man blushed, slightly ashamed of herself. "Yeah, Llamas aren't that common. At least I don't think they are..." He mumbled, if only to fill the silence between them. There could be no awkwardness, no lengthy silences - lest her mind start to wander and go back to the dark place.

Finally they arrived to the enclosure, and were immediately let inside. Evan proceeded towards a black Llama, who was drinking water, its back towards him. Slowly he approached and stepped around so the creature could see him, and once it raised its head and looked at him quizzically, he reached forward to caress it.

Kordran choose that moment to materialize next to him. "I don't think I've ever touched a Llama before!" The demon exclaimed, obviously excited. But his appearance had been met by a distraught braying from the creature, who proceeded to close its eyes and fall towards the ground.

"Oh fuck." Shit. Was it dead? It didn't seem to be breathing - it's torso wasn't moving...

Subscribe