Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 08-21-2017, 01:26 AM by Raleigh Pace Posted | 08-18-2017, 11:13 PM

His friends were usually such good influences on him, encouraging him to make the best decisions he could from where he was standing. Usually, was the key word in all this, because well, sometimes they weren't the best influences at all. Everyone was driven to the more wild side of things at some point, and Raleigh was no exception to this rule.

Parties were insanely common and he would be missing out if he didn't attend at least one during his college career. This time, it was at Peter's behest, trying to bet the younger man to grow out of his shell and enjoy the spices of life a little more. The older man was doing his best, after all, trying to look out for him like Lily often did, though she did tend to keep him for herself often enough. Peter pushed him more into the public eye, peeling back the layers that he used to keep himself hidden from everyone. Raleigh was used to being exposed, though. Being from a small town meant everyone knew everything no matter what he did.

So instead of hiding himself from others, Leigh let himself be out in the open, letting the coaxing of alcohol strip his inhibitions if only just for the night. Another guy had been talking to him, one from a different program than he was in, but had seen him around and struck up conversation with a little more than friendly talk sprinkled in between.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-21-2017, 12:54 AM

Peter likes parties. He especially likes parties when he was bringing a friend. Raleigh's presence had a purpose beyond that of the sanctity of bro-dom, as Pete had taken it upon himself to teach the poor man how to navigate the social waters of the college sea. The shorter of the duo (as Pete had grown to know him in the last several months) was a quiet, sidelines kind of person. The less he was noticed by other people in general, the happier he was. Well, that just was not going to stand with a social butterfly like himself, especially when he knew what a sweet, gentle, kind-hearted soul his friend was guarding from the lives of others.

If he didn't honesty think that Leigh was a treasure that needed to be shared, he wouldn't have been so pushy about getting him out.

Figuring that it was best not to hold his hand (and he was thirsty for some of that Wild Turkey), he threw him to the proverbial wolves for just a minute to go retrieve himself a solo cup. Raleigh had taken the opportunity to get himself several drinks as well since the time they arrived to now, and was buzzed enough to be coasting through well enough on his own. Not wanting to interrupt his flow, Peter stuck to the walls nearby, managing to find a good handful of people from a class to entertain. It was a good distraction that kept him from the ugly bit of jealousy that was threatening to turn him green.

speech npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-21-2017, 01:26 AM

Peter was an insistent person, Raleigh had to give him that much credit. Somehow, some way, he was able to convince the younger man to spread his wings a little bit and fly out into uncharted waters — namely that of the many parties that were held around campus. He was far from well versed in the social crowds and was willing to let the older of the two mentor him in a sense. Well, mentoring as in the both of them getting drunk enough at parties to fly through without any inhibitions, until the next morning when they regretted it before their morning classes.

But Raleigh relented in giving the man a chance to help him. God only knew he needed it after moving to Texas for school. Aspen was a far cry from a big college town and he still reeled sometimes from the differences.

For now, he was fine talking with the other student he'd struck up conversation with, almost entirely forgetting his friend he came with who was watching from the edges of the crowd. However much time had gone by was unknown to him, too engaged in conversation to really notice the crowd around him. That was the thing about alcohol, it tunneled his vision somewhat so that everything seemed smaller, a much more comfortable situation than the bustling crowd that moved around them.

He also didn't notice the group that barreled towards them through a parting line of people. The man in front didn't seem happy about how friendly the two were, standing rather close before Raleigh was shoved into a group of people behind him, nearly spilling his drink over. Hey! he shouted back, getting a good look at the angry face of the student who shoved him.

Get lost, faggot, he spat, moving forward to try and scare him away. What's your problem? Raleigh moved forward to shove the guy back, but found that there was a swing already halfway towards its mark by the time he righted himself. The instant the glass shattered over his head he staggered and fell backwards, the other student he had been talking to grabbing him to make sure he didn't fall over completely on the floor.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-22-2017, 01:56 AM

Peter doesn't have enough time to react between the starting time of the confrontation and when it ended. Some idiot, probably drunk, came barreling up to Raleigh and his conversation partner. Apparently affronted by their flirting, he picked up a bottle and swung it before his friend could even retaliate. Down he goes into the arms of the guy he'd been talking to, and suddenly the room is erupting with noise.

He often forgets that he tends to be the older one at these sorts of things, and whatever had rustled the jimmies of this drunken frat boy was not Peter's concern. His brows are tight and knit together, and he gives absolutely zero warning before he grabs the kid by the front of his shirt, cocks back, and slams his fist into his nose. Pain erupts from his hand, a dull ache that sets his jaw as he goes in for another. At this point he's seeing red, having lunged away from the group he'd been talking to to wail on this guy. Who the hell just went around breaking bottles on people's heads, anyway?

He doesn't get to punch him a third time before he feels the slick, warm touch of his demon. Her hand is wrapped around his arm, breaking him from his rage-induced trance. Breathing hard, he drops the guy to the ground and wipes the blood from his nose on his shirt. Hel lets him go, leaving a dark stain on his sleeve.

Get out of here before I kick your fuckin' ass. The other man's friends help pick him up, and Peter is left to tend to his own unconscious guest.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 08-22-2017, 03:38 AM by Raleigh Pace Posted | 08-22-2017, 02:43 AM

Everything was a blur after the bottle hit him, the rush of voices and shouting accompanied by blur of colors that flew in front of his eyes before they went black, everything fading into darkness as his consciousness faded. He never saw the damage Pete did, nor did he see how angry the man was in his stead. He didn't see how he was held back by his demon and then assisted in ushering his unconscious friend away from the party and then back to Peter's apartment for some well needed first aid to the wound he sustained on his forehead.

There wasn't really a moment where he got to think about the implication of the situation he had been in, the slurs hurled at him by the other student and the scene that had been made around it. Whether or not Peter knew about it wasn't really a concern to Raleigh, but how he felt about the younger man after the fact. Did it change anything in his eyes? He was afraid of the same thing with Lily, but she had remained blissfully ignorant of any difference that revelation could possibly make — though that might have been due to the context in which it was given.

When he finally woke up, there was a deafening quiet compared to the loud, upbeat atmosphere of the party. The first thing in front of him was a focused Peter, leaned over him with a first aid kit at his side as he carefully picked another shard of glass from his scalp. Ow, Raleigh winced as he stirred, shifting only slightly on the couch . His eyes shifted around, recognizing the look of the apartment in the low light. How'd we get back here? he asked, squinting while his eyes adjusted to the light. A hand raised to lightly touch his forehead, only gingerly running over the marks where the glass scratched his skin. Ugh, my head is killing me.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-24-2017, 02:07 AM

Peter gets some assistance in loading Raleigh up onto his back, and hurries to his dorm room to doctor him up. The stress of carrying another grown human like that really makes his knee ache, but pushing through discomfort was something he was always good at.

Setting him down inside his apartment (fuck those stairs), he carefully arranges him on the couch so that he's propped up. At this point he's sort-of coming to, and this gives Peter just enough time to fetch his really decked-out first aid kit before he starts moving around. Bent over him, he gets a pair of tweezers and parts the other man's hair. It's with some luck that all the glass he can see is fractured in fairly large pieces, grabbing them with a delicate ease to asses the small gashes beneath.

When he angles the head of the lamp beside the couch, he scowls at all of the glittering dust that shines back at him. Gently, he rustles his fingers through the hair around the wound, shaking the glass free as he reaches for some cotton and alcohol. About this time Raleigh wakes up, speaking with a groggy drawl. Pete's face pops in front of his eyes, smiling wide despite how his shirt is still smeared with blood and a strange black gunk.

He lives! Don't move around too much, I'm still doctoring it up. He says, and presses the alcohol to his bleeding cuts. Oh yeah, by the way, that's gonna sting. Hel is sitting on the couch on the other side of Raleigh, passively examining the procedure being performed. What was that dick's problem, anyway? Asked the larger man, still dabbing and wiping at the wounds to disinfect them.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 08-24-2017, 02:00 PM by Raleigh Pace Posted | 08-24-2017, 03:32 AM

As he woke up, Raleigh felt the light brush of fingers on his head, the sting of his wounds in his hair waking him further. After the initial blur of light blinded him, he saw the clear visage of his friend's face and then the red stain of blood and a dark blotch on his sleeve, which shifted as he continued to pick through for the shards of glass. He grinned right back at Pete, squinting as in winced in pain at the burn of alcohol. Takes more than a bottle over the head to keep me down, he joked with a smile. It was weird to be on the other side of the "doctoring", as Peter had put it, having been used to either being the one doing the healing on others or just healing himself and bypassing that whole process.

It also felt weird to feel fingers run through his hair and to have Peter on the other side of it — even if that wasn't the context of the situation in the slightest. He tried his best to swallow the subtle rise in of nerves in his gut as he became more aware of his situation. This isn't like that, he thought to himself. Don't make it like that. He'd been in this kind of situation before and he sure as hell wasn't fucking it up this time either. So instead of looking right at his friend, he just averted his gaze downward and tilted his head with it, giving Peter easier access and hiding the slight uneasiness in his face.

Then the topic switched to the student who had hit him and what caused him to do it in the first place. Raleigh paused for a moment, almost hesitant but it wasn't as if it wasn't made blatantly obvious to everyone in earshot at the time — and he was well aware how fast gossip traveled.

He, uh... he mumbled, shifting ever so slightly again. I guess he didn't like what he saw. That wasn't vague at all. I was talking to um...Jacob. The Pathology major. He specifically remembered that fact from the depths of their conversation that had spread a variety of topics. Jacob was the kind of person that swiveled through topics rather quickly and it had kept Raleigh on his toes despite being tipsy. I think that guy knew him but he, um... decided we were getting too friendly and shoved me into some people. Said 'Get lost, faggot' and then... well, you saw the rest. His eyes were still diverted away, towards his hands that picked at his nails absenmindedly.

Is that my blood on your shirt? he asked, motioning towards the stain with his hand.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-25-2017, 02:17 AM

It's very difficult for Peter not to feel weird after he and Raleigh initially make eye contact. It forces him to wonder why he'd gotten so angry at the guy at the party. I mean, sure, he might have had a few issues with his temper, but most people wouldn't put themselves out there like that and feel the vehement need to defend someone's honor. He, however, had let something else besides his strong friendship with Leigh put a hand on the wheel just then. The thought was far too terrifying to venture near while sober, so he focused more on what he was doing with the glass and less about how soft his friend's hair was.

Don't know about that. You went down like a ton of bricks. He grins back at him, pressing the gauze to his head after gently dabbing the spot. Just hearing the story retold gets his blood hot all over again, though this time there is nothing to punch to make himself feel better.

Yeah, I heard everything. Don't know why he'd get so protective unless he wanted him, himself. At that point, he shouldn't be slinging around the word 'faggot.' God, he hated that word. He clenched his fist against the arm of the couch after he drew back, Hold the gauze on your head, unless you want me to wrap it and make it official. Hel sits quietly near, examining the two of them as they talk.

Oh, that? I knocked him flat on his ass and sent him home with his friends. He's not quite boasting, and doesn't sound thrilled that he let his emotions get the best of him. Anyway, how do you feel? Do you need anything? There's water here for you. He offers him the glass that was conveniently sitting on the coffee table--courtesy of his demon.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-25-2017, 03:30 AM

It was a cheap shot, Raleigh retorted earnestly, grinning into another wince as he felt the sting of alcohol on his head again. He was glad Peter still joked through the awkwardness — it made it a little easier to ignore despite how much it loomed over him.

I dunno. I think they knew each other but I didn't really get a chance to ask. His gaze became distant even though he was only looking down at his hands, sitting idly in his lap. People get irrational about things that they think are wrong. That upset them or just plain make them uncomfortable. He shook his head — he had far too much experience than he'd like with that kind of person. Makes them feel some type of way they don't like so they try to make it stop. Which apparently, included smashing over a bottle over the offending party's head. His head, to be specific. Ah, don't worry about my head, though, he continued. It'll heal pretty fast. I've always had a good rebound time.

A wide grin spread over his face initially when he heard Pete say he decked the guy in front of everyone, but when he looked up and realized that he didn't seem so proud of what he'd done, the smile faltered, if only slightly. A hand reached up to nudge Peter on the shoulder playfully. Don't worry so much about how it looked, he insisted, trying to cheer the man up. All that matters is that I appreciate the fact that I had a knight in shining armor waiting in the wings to rearrange his face in my stead. He only wished he could have seen the damage done — or maybe get the satisfaction of dealing even more himself.

He took the water offered to him, taking a ginger sip as he pushed so he could sit more upright. Kinda sucks that I couldn't have enjoyed drinking a little more, he shrugged. I was feeling kinda okay for a while there. Maybe they could get away with a little more, but something told him that Peter would probably stop him right in his tracks due to the head injury.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-27-2017, 12:58 AM

Cheap, but accurate. It's beginning to eat at him now, that insecurity that is always gnawing at the edges of his conscious. He's really close to him, even if he's doing something clinical, but Raleigh isn't just anyone. He is reminded of this when he begins to give a long spiel about why the other guy had decided to hit him across the head with a beer bottle. He sighs and shakes his head with a bemused sort of smile. Leave it to Leigh to attempt to rationalize the deeds of his attackers.

I hate when you remind me that assholes are still people. He snorts, and finishes up cleaning the wound. Leaving him the gauze to hold, he packs everything away and is forced to loosen up a bit by the effort Raleigh puts into cheering him up. Yeah, yeah, you know I'm always that guy. Gotta stand up for the little people, both literally and figuratively. Ah, yes, a short joke. I'm just glad he didn't have super strength or anything. Hel's got the market cornered on gothic asthetic but she isn't much of a fighter. The demon shakes her head at his teasing grin.

Well, now you got two options. He returns from putting the first aid kit away with two beers in one hand and a bottle of aspirin in the other, We could chill until your headache goes away, or you can drink it away. Take your pick. He hopes that his slight limp isn't noticeable as he comes over to flop down on the couch beside him--maybe a little closer than he should have with the way their shoulders brush for an instant.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-27-2017, 01:25 AM

Raleigh was someone that did that, recognize how to be the bigger person compared to someone who did wrong by others. It was how he came to terms with these kinds of things, which happened to him much too often. Otherwise, he would have been much too bitter of a person to see past the jade lenses he saw the world through. Now that he thought about it, that description was not quite unlike his older brother...

But he didn't make a habit of comparing himself to Jack anymore, not since he moved away from home. He much preferred to compare himself to Peter instead, someone whom he thought was a great man in his own right.

Until the short jokes were made, anyway. It was all in good fun, though, even as Raleigh looked at him with feigned hurt. That cuts me deeper than any glass ever could, he told him with a solemn face, before it broke after a second with a laugh as he put the gauze over his forehead. Yeah, he would have been in a world of hurt if I ever got to him. He flexed his arm jokingly while Pete put away the kit, as if the strength he really had would have been shown. In reality, he was still young and growing, if only in weight rather than height. That's why he had to take a cheap shot.

His eyes wandered over Peter as he left the room, turning his gaze away when he found they were wandering a little too much, hoping that it wasn't as obvious as it felt. He'd done the same in class too, but it had been encouraged by Lily, who often joined in with him. Here, he was by himself and held back anything he deemed too far for someone he considered a friend. There was no way for him to know if Pete felt the same, but he was far too afraid to make the man uncomfortable by asking than ever finding out.

It was also easier to drown his insecurities with alcohol, swiftly reaching for the beer out of his friend's hand after taking a moment to notice the way he limped back towards the couch. You say that like there's any chance I'll go with the first option. After Peter plops down on the couch, he points over to the man's knee while he flips the cap off his beer. Your knee bothering you again?

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-07-2017, 09:16 PM

Peter snorts at his friend's response to his little joke, unable to stop the smile that comes over him when he laughs. It's good to hear him do that, knowing how down and out of sorts the boy can get, sometimes. It makes him want to try and preserve the look as much as possible, in any way that he could. A brief idea of kissing him, just to feel his grin, strikes him like lightning and causes his shoulders to tense imperceptibly. He finds an excuse to distance himself by putting the medical supplies away.

Oh, I can only imagine how you'd rearrange his face if you got to him. I did him a civic duty by just bashing his nose, then. He can feel the other man's eyes on him as he moves around, ears burning from it as Hel catches him being rather exploratory with his gaze. The demon says and does nothing, though, simply turning to look for the TV remote instead. The last thing she wanted to do was spook Peter by drawing attention to it, as she had no doubt Raleigh would be way better off in dealing than her human would.

I mean, I have to ask, as a professional. Plopping down next to Leigh, maybe closer than he'd intended as their shoulders temporarily bump from his weight, he opens his beer and shrugs. A little, but it's fine. I got stuff I can take for it later. It's not healthy to wash it down with alcohol. Grabbing the icky remote from Hel, he flips through the channels like it's not covered in some odd, viscous liquid.

Does it uh... He begins out of the blue after settling on Jurassic Park, Bother you when people say that stuff to you? Like... He gestures with his hands, looking for a word, Like make you angry, or want to change how people see you? Peter wasn't asking because he thought it was wrong for Raleigh to be that way. No, he just wished he could be as confident and could take blows without quivering at the word queer. And I'm not saying that because I want you to change, or anything, I just... I guess I just want to make sure you're alright and aren't dealing with it in a bad way when no one is looking. Like me.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 09-08-2017, 03:20 PM by Raleigh Pace Posted | 09-08-2017, 08:32 AM

Raleigh often forgot about the ever-present Hel at times, not quite used to the concept of a demon being manifested mostof the time. His own often left him to his own devices in the cold way it liked to be, dormant and angry while buried in his head just waiting to unburrow like the tick that it was to rear its ugly head. As he turned away from Peter, he noticed her gaze on him, a sudden indignant heat burning in his face as he felt even more restrained in his place on the couch, disregarding the demon as his friend came back.

Despite the fact that Pete seemed to insist that he could take care of it, Raleigh couldn't ever resist the chance to help, even if it might not have been necessary. Let me take a look, I think I can at least take away some of the pain. He removed the gauze from his forehead, finding the there was little blood that leaked out and figured the wounds were healing fine on their own now that the glass was removed. Placing the gauze and his beer down to the side, he didn't think about how Peter would react to his hands floating over his knee, using his biomancy to pinpoint the places with the most pain and snuff it out at the nerves. The injury was out of his level of mastery, something old and deep so it was easier for him to just relieve it for the time being.

As his fingers worked through the fabic, the topic seemed to glide back over what had been spat at him earlier, with Raleigh giving Peter a solemn look once as he finished, picking his beer back up and taking a quick sip before offering a shrug. I dunno, he murmured, not really paying attention to the tv. I'm so used to people being assholes about it that it doesn't really make a difference to me anymore. I don't care about their opinions. I'm not afraid of who I am. Never was. There many people back home just like that drunk student, only they weren't drunk and they knew everything about the Pace family — including him. I just don't want to be treated like someone's dirty secret. Like I'm something to be ashamed of. Especially by people I love. He'd had one too many of those, too many before he realized what a mistake it was.

Another long sip was drawn from his bottle before he continued. You sound like you ask that out of experience. Lily hadn't really been worried about it, but she also never witnessed any incidents like that before. You know someone who did that before? Raleigh let a long pause sit between his thoughts, coming close to emptying his bottle and feeling the buzz start to return slowly but surely. Thanks, though. For caring enough to ask, I guess.

Find Peter Roth

Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Patrolman
Art Shop Thread
1 Threads
77 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-12-2017, 11:11 PM

Peter tenses when his friend insists on easing a common pain, shifting uncomfortably when he reaches over and puts his hands over his knee. He's not quite touching it, but hovers close enough that he can feel the ghost of warmth from his palm. Trying not to stare at it to make sure that they don't make skin-to-skin contact, he tears his eyes away as Raleigh answers his questions.

The response makes him... incredibly sad. Hel chances a look with her three eyes, mournful as ever, while Peter gives is shoulder a comforting squeeze. It's all he can think to do as his head swims, imagining what it would be like to be outed and under that kind of radar. His own father had made a point to drill into him that that kind of "behavior" would be dealt with if he ever found out. No matter how hard he tried to seem like he was one of the guys, Peter was always just a little too touchy, a little too friendly, a little too curious about men. He takes a deep gulp of his beer and finishes it off to veer away from the road his mind was trying to go down.

You know, that takes bravery. To not change for the sake of everyone. He means that. And I can't imagine why anyone would wanna hide being with you. You're such a sweetie. The last part was said in a joking manner, even if he really did think that. He couldn't be too sincere. No-homo.

The snort he gives at his comment about experience tries too hard to be dismissive. Me? Nah, I'm fine. You ain't gotta worry about old Pete. He'd brought extra beer to the table, and pops open another. And of course. We're buddies, I gotta make sure you're doing alright.

With that, he lapses into a bit of silence. Letting the movie go on to fill in the void with roaring dinosaurs. They do move in herds.

Peter quickly finishes off a few beers in that time frame, grabbing more and putting them on the table to add to the pile. He hadn't quite lost his buzz from the party, and now he was decently in the realm of impaired. Hel, seeming to sense the whirlwind of his thoughts, conveniently disappears in a soft hiss of smoke. He's fidgeting nervously, just drunk enough to think that maybe it's a good idea to show Raleigh that he cared in a different way. He didn't go around punching people just for the hell of it, and wondered if his infatuation with the other man was too obvious. It was easy to brush aside, easy to lose track of when people saw him with Lily, but it was not forgotten.

It felt pretty good to punch that guy. He confesses while turning to look at him, He was a jackass, sure, but what he said really got to me. You're a genuinely good guy, and the fact that some people treat you that way just because of that... it made my blood boil. I can't stand watching people do that shit to you. He meets his eyes hesitantly, You deserve a lot better than that. He's not really thinking about what his hand is doing when it comes up to rest against the side of Raleigh's neck--thumb absently running along the front of his throat.

For once, he let the punishing grip of his insecurity release him for air, and in that same moment he leans forward and kisses him.

npc.

Find Raleigh Pace

Played by Titmouse
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Butcher
Art Shop Thread
13 Threads
143 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-13-2017, 01:11 AM

Raleigh hadn't been paying much attention to Peter's reaction so much as focusing on finding the nerves to dull for the moment, though it was hard for him to find and sense which ones were painful and which were just... normal. It was difficult for a moment, working through the remaining buzz and the dull ache in his head before he found the right ones, through some trial and error. He couldn't help but roll his eyes slightly at Peter's answer, though further down, it didn't feel quite as brave as his friend made it sound. That was just... him. Honest to fault, especially when it didn't benefit him. That was what he stood for in the end, even if it cut him off from everyone else.

His eyes narrowed quizzically at the dismissal, a little confused and a little curious at the same time. He had asked if he knew anyone like that, not if he was like that. Yet, he let it go for now, giving him a soft smile as he continued to drink his beer, intent on catching up with the buzz that was barely within reach.

Eventually, he did — and then some. Unable to catch up to Pete, he rediscovered that comfortable floating feeling that remedied his headache and pushed out the subtext that permeated the air, if only so far. They had both been pretty content in watching the movie without much interruption besides some obligatory quotes that were uttered as they happened on screen. But then Peter broke the silence, with an admittance that, at first, brought a small grin to Raleigh's face. The guy was an asshat, but the thought continued and the grin gave way to a more intent look, one that showed how much he was intently listening to every word said. There was a sincerity that was unique to Peter, but something in his own head twisted his arm into a silent restraint. It isn't like that, it told him again and again, keeping him frozen but listening as he felt the hand on his neck. It isn't like that. His gaze fell down at the word deserve, hesitating to agree with the man on that — lifting only to look back, feeling that voice press in his skull as he took a breath to respond.

It was hard to say it wasn't like that when he could taste more than beer on his lips.

There was an odd mixture of surprise and relief in his chest, feeling it bubble and swell as the moment lingered, if only for a moment before he felt open air. His eyes were locked, soft in gaze but still caught on his friend, despite how drunk they both were. There was a hesitation, for some reason, even if he didn't feel like there was anything... well, wrong. With Lily, they dove headfirst, as naturally happened with someone like her. He often got swept up with emotion, good or bad, and it was usually a reflection of how he felt with the other person. Maybe it was a projection of how he thought he should have been around Peter, unsure of whether he should bother trying to pursue anything. Whether it was just distant admiration or a little more.

But even Raleigh wasn't sure anymore. He still had a beer in his hand from before, nearly dropping it when Pete had pressed forward. He had enough of a mind to put it down on the table, without taking his gaze away, before pressing in on his own. It was a little more hesistant than Peter, stopping just short for a moment before he kissed him back, restrained and controlled as he usually was.

Subscribe Thread Closed