Customer Service Call Rep
Art Shop Thread
4 Threads
13 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-28-2017, 09:44 PM

I would spread my wings

If they weren't so goddamn heavy

Talia walked the streets of Grootslang with her hands at her backpack's straps and her head low. She stood out among the business suits and busy people. As uncomfortable as that was for the girl, it was also what made this part of the City one of her favorite floors. No one spoke to the weird strangers, they moved about their business quickly and efficiently and barely gave her a second thought. The floor was predictable, too. It was busy around noon when people started taking breaks, busy in the morning and around five. Between those times, it was a bit slow and the people were few. It made walking around easier for the woman.

The smell of fresh coffee met her before she could see the actual shop. She rounded the corner and smiled a little at the familiar dull yellow walls. This was one of her favorite coffee shops for many reasons. First, because everyone on this floor was busy with this or that, she could sit in a corner and be around people without actually worrying about interacting with them too much. The feeling of being in a building full of people, their minds buzzing as they caffeinated and discussed business, was comforting. It was rare she could be around so many others and not be worried the whole time.

Talia entered the little store and moved towards the counter. She got in line behind another gentleman who was talking on the phone while he ordered. The barista tried to ask him questions, but he made no move to answer them. Instead, he spoke to whoever was on the other line of his cell. He was taking an order for a lot of people, and didn't think to write it down when everyone told him while he was in the office. Talia rolled her eyes and pulled herself away from his mind, no interest in his frustrating conversation. She tapped her toes and looked at everything around her, annoyed and steadily growing angry. All she wanted to do was order her coffee, sit in a corner, and read her book.

OUTFIT , JUNOS , ♥♥ ©

Find Ava Caputo

Quote Post
Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Superbia Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
3 Threads
9 Posts
Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 08-29-2017, 11:41 PM by Ava Caputo Posted | 08-29-2017, 11:39 PM

The moment the girl enters the coffee shop she has a bead on her. It's a stare that isn't hidden in any sort of way, with an approach that damn near borders on predatory. The hour was mid day, the streets lined with busy little worker bees flitting to and from their lunch choices. Some blinked out of existence, others phased through the walls to get a quicker spot in a line, and others stretched between tight spaces in crowds. Everything moved like the perfect, oiled machine that A Fata Morgana had designed it to be, people merely learned to fit where they must.

There is a man standing before the woman she was focused on that was loudly yabbering on his phone, causing a palpable cloud of irritation to build behind him. She could feel it in her own body, cherry-picking samples from each and every person in line--except for the girl. Perhaps she'd caught on, or perhaps she'd been too distracted to read it properly. Regardless, the lack of emotion coming from her made her immediately interesting, and with that she rose from the table and sauntered over.

The pitch black of her eyes (sclera and all) is missed in a blink that clears it all away as her hand reaches up and snatches the phone from the man's hands. Giving her a bewildered look, she doesn't give him time to protest before she turns and puts it right in the garbage can.

"What the hell, lady?!" He dives for it, prying off the lid and effectively getting out of line. She rolls her eyes at the whining, and gestures for the woman to step up to the counter to take his place. She's standing near enough to loom, but her movements are oddly stiff--like anchored by an invisible tether stretching out behind her.

After you, Cutie Rosalyn, the demon, said while in the shape of her human counterpart--one that was currently preoccupied with a phone call in the bathroom.

speech npc

Find Talia Cash

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
4 Threads
13 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-30-2017, 12:09 AM

I would spread my wings

Talia watched as the woman walked up and threw the man's phone away. It was surprising to say the least; normally people didn't do those kinds of things. They waited their turn and held their irritation in. She couldn't say she was unhappy the man was out of line nor could she say she was happy by it. She was more worried about the woman standing in front of her now, letting her go first. Cutie? That wasn't something she got called often. Her face heated up as it flushed with color and she smiled. It wasn't a shy, bashful smile. It was wide and a little menacing. She felt shy and bashful.

Coughing, Talia hid the strange expression and turned towards the barista. She ordered her cappuccino quickly and stepped to the designated area to wait for her drink. Her demon ran from one shoulder to the other, almost like it was laughing at her. She held back the strange smile and made a point of looking anywhere but the other woman. Wait, she hadn't even thanked her for letting her go first. Should she try? Had she waited too long?

"Thanks," she said not quite loud enough. She could hear the thoughts of the people around her: she was so weird. Why wouldn't she look at anyone? Why did she keep getting that weird smile? Was she dangerous? Would she do something weird?

She could feel their eyes and it made her want to run. Run out the store and never come back. Instead she waited for her coffee, looking at anything but another person. It would be even weirder to run. Then they would remember her for days, weeks, months. She wouldn't be that weird girl that flitted through there life once, never to be thought of again. She would be a story, a weird joke they went home and told their friends about. So she waited, uncomfortable and smiling, while the barista made her drink in between nervous glances towards her.

OUTFIT , JUNOS , ♥♥ ©

Find Ava Caputo

Quote Post
Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Superbia Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
3 Threads
9 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 08-31-2017, 10:45 PM

Rosalyn continues to watch her, twisting back to smile tauntingly at the man that is just now digging his phone out of the trash can. There is coffee smeared on the screen, crumbs stuck under the protective case that covers the back. He looks... disgruntled, but besides giving her a dirty stare, he doesn't seem to want to confront her. Whoever had been on the end of that phone must have been awfully important to just blow her off like that. Now, she feels a nip of petulance at it and huffs to herself, tempted to go give him a bigger reason to pay attention, when the girl speaks her gratitude. The demoness barely catches it above the low hum of voices, her head snapping back to lay eyes on her.

You're welcome. Chin tilting, she reaches out for the woman's emotions once more, thankful that she does not seem to have any mental barriers up. The paranoia and mounting anxiety skitter up her spine like an insect, stomach clenching with the strength of the feeling. Pushing back against it, the demon has enough control over the dominion that foreign emotions did not become her own, and with that she adjusts her body language. Instead of blatantly watching her, she politely turns her gaze away, though only after knitting her brows in concern and half extending a hand in her direction.

I'm so sorry for how that must have looked, those kind of people really get to me. I'm Ava, by the way. Forgive me if I made you nervous. Her voice has a softer edge to it, appearing as non-threatening as she could possibly manage to calm the woman down. At least, that was her goal. Couldn't really do anything if they thought you were a freak, right?

speech npc

Find Talia Cash

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
4 Threads
13 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-04-2017, 05:59 PM

I would spread my wings

The hum of voices and thoughts filled Talia's mind. People scoffed at the man or scoffed at the woman who had tossed his phone. People glanced at her nervously or eyed the other woman. More people didn't pay any attention to the line at the counter, their minds occupied by schoolwork, business plans, or friendly conversation. It hummed and hissed in Talia's mind. It wasn't an uncomfortable feeling, normally, but it did turn sour when people were paying her too much attention.

The woman's attitude shifted. Now she was softer, her eyes moving away from Talia and her hand reaching out for her. Tali glanced at the hand nervously, her own hands making no move towards the woman. Then she caught something weird in the trail of thoughts that flowed through the air. Glancing around, she couldn't quite catch where it was coming from. Was it geared towards her?

Looking at the woman again, her eyes narrowed. Her sudden shift in demeanor was obviously intentional. But why, why would she want to make herself more approachable to a complete stranger, particularly one like Talia? Her eyes still glaring, a small smile formed on her face without her prompting.

"What do you want, Ava?" She didn't want to be so defensive, but what else was she supposed to feel? Comfortable with this woman shifting her approach, specifically to make Talia like her? "Don't act all different," she said a little quieter. She didn't need to be talked to like a frightened, fertile animal. Then again, how different was she really? It felt like her whole life revolved around running from everyone else, constantly afraid they might get too close, be too dangerous.

Sighing, she added, "I'm Talia," Again, she showed no intention of touching the woman in any way. That was all the girl could relent in her constant state of worry: her name. It was a simple, closed off greeting but it was the best she had. There would be no cheery, happy embrace. There never would be, no matter the situation nor Talia's want for it.

This was all she had.

OUTFIT , JUNOS , ♥♥ ©

Find Ava Caputo

Quote Post
Played by Junos
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Superbia Vice Lord
Art Shop Thread
3 Threads
9 Posts
Content Restrictions

Posted | 09-12-2017, 11:33 PM

Rosie refrains from squinting her eyes at the way the woman's emotions turn, her tone inflecting on her fake name. Did she know, somehow, that she was impersonating someone else? She wasn't using telepathy, was she? Darn, that would suck if she was, as the demon was never concerned enough to throw up mental walls. If it was really such an issue, she wouldn't manifest at all.

Why do you think I want something? I'm just trying to be friendly since you seem a little nervous. She smiles pleasantly enough, though there is a little glint in her eye that doesn't seem quite as friendly as she is making herself out to be. The human is already onto her, so there was no point in continuing the game the way she would have liked, now was there? Talia. I like it. Pretty name. She leans against the counter, retracting her hand when it was made apparent that the stranger was not going to take it. Aw, honey don't be that way. I'm the last person you gotta worry about in this city. Her eyes, sclera and all, bled black when she smiled. That wasn't entirely true, given her human's line of work, but her new friend Talia didn't have to know about that.

Where ya headed off to after this? She doesn't get to get an answer when her entire facade drops in an instant. Her expression twists from disconcertingly friendly to annoyed, chin snapping around as Ava comes walking stiffly from the bathroom. Here comes the rain on her parade. What's got your panties in a bunch?

Rosie. The word is sharp and said through clenched teeth, apparently not having enjoyed her phone call very much. It is then that she notices the poor human right near her demon, and puts two and two together with a loud sigh. Was she harassing you? She asks Talia as Rosalyn rolls her eyes--form shifting to her own separate entity so that she didn't look like Ava's twin.

I was just getting to know her, that's all. Yeah, Ava knew better than to believe that.

speech npc

Subscribe