Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 11:22 AM by Gabriel De La Croix Posted | 10-02-2017, 11:22 AM

Smile and we smile, the lords of many lands;
Frown and we smile, the lords of our own hands;
For man is man and master of his fate.

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“But, you, I…"

The man trails off. There’s not much he can say, no way he can prevent his Vice Lord from doing as he pleased, so Gabriel just smirks and slips past him. Like most of the illegal betting in the City, it’s Invidia run – he does not tolerate competition lightly – but he’s decided he wants to do more than just collect his cut. Why should the others get all the fun of racing?

He’s even brought his own bike, specially tuned, and his own mechanic, who’s still tinkering away despite there only being ten minutes until the race starts. His leathers cling to him like a second skin, as tailored as the rest of his wardrobe, and he revels in the anticipation, the expectation of the adrenalin. He’s more excited about this than he’ll admit.

He wanders over to where his bike is, nestled snugly in the line with the others. A sleek black thing, originally Suzuki but since modified heavily, lacking the tacky decoration of most of the others. Who would spoil such beauty with flaming skulls or half naked women? His mechanic’s too busy to talk and so Gabe spends the remaining minutes inspecting the other competitors instead. Most are far younger than him, early twenties at best, but he doesn’t care.

It’s a no-dominion race, which means he can’t just abuse his luck to win, but he still hopes he stands a chance of not finishing last. He doesn’t know the Ghost Town streets like some of the other racers, or boast their race experience, but his bike is good and he’s feeling lucky.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Online Model & Web Comic Artist
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-02-2017, 04:19 PM

roman's revenge

lThe wo-world is my punchin' bag and If I'm garbage, you're a bunch of maggots Make that face, go on, scrunch it up at me Show me the target so I can lunge and attack it Like a, raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon You fell off, off, they must've bumped your wagon You must've went off the back, I'm 'bout to go off the deep end I told you to stay in your lane, you just choked in traffic --------------

Minjae did his best to ignore the cackle in his head. Asmodeus was enjoying this too much. All this noise - all the cheering and all the booming music; girls dressed in the sluttiest outfits they could scrap together and the men doing their damnedest to show off their wealth on every stitch of their body. He was in this mess because of the stunt that Asmodeus had pulled a couple of days ago. Thanks to that little "prank," a certain racer would have been out of commission for a certain little race and Azzy may or may not have hinted that Minjae could have filled in for him so long as, if he came in the money, they get 80% of the cut.

Like Minjae even needed to worry about money, for fuck's sake. He knew Azzy was just doing this because he thrived in all the energies that were culminating in that sort of atmosphere.

But, truth be told, Minjae couldn't even really be all that mad at his demon. It was something that Minjae had missed - but in a way, he didn't. Everyone was there, revving up their engines to life and showing off wheelies before the race even started. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at the whole thing. They were going to regret that when it came time to hit those turns and the tread on their tires was shit because of the burn-outs they were doing.

Dallas's mechanic did a final check on the S-1000 RR that had been commissioned to Minjae, giving him a thumb's up to let him know that everything was green. Minjae nodded, resting the helmet on the seat as he slipped on the fingerless leather gloves that had sorely missed their owner. The interior of the gloves were well-worn from all the use that Minjae had put them through back when he was still an active gangster. The ghost of a smile appeared on his lips, reliving all the memories at once. The smile slipped away when he heard Asmodeus chuckle darkly in his mind.

"I knew you'd be into this," chimed the demon, Minjae clearing his throat in response. "You really should stop fooling yourself and enjoy it like you used to. This is the kind of life you were always meant to live, Jay.

Minjae pulled out his mod from his jacket pocket, taking a slow pull and allowing the fruit and cream flavor fill his mouth before letting a cloud expel from his nostrils. Shut-up. I'm only doing this because you suckered me into it.

Again, the demon chuckled. "Yeah, you just keep telling yourself that. You'll see as soon as this race starts."

He ignored his demon, looking around to see some of the other competitors. Well, there were a few his own age - some younger. But one stood out a more than the others - a man who looked older. Something about him seemed familiar, and despite the expensive taste of his clothing, Minjae could tell that he knew these streets and knew this life like any of the others. If anything, the younger ones looked like greenhorns in comparison.

The MC whistled for them to pay attention, wanting to get any idea of who all was racing and one by one, he went to each racer to collect the fee to race. When he approached Minjae, he pulled out a roll of cash with several hundreds curled in the hold of the rubber band. A slight shiver ran down his back and Minjae couldn't deny that his excitement was taking a sharp climb, and his demon was eating up every single bit of those emotions to his satisfaction.

Gabe De La Croix :: Wearing :: BGM: [♫]
Minjae Speaking /thinking | Asmodeus Speaking

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-03-2017, 01:12 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He peels a few bills off the stack in his wallet to cover the entry cost, though the money was nothing of consequence. He wouldn’t even bother collecting his winnings if he managed to place, as unlikely as it was. Let them go into the pot for something else, or Invidia’s pocket.

The minutes tick down. His mechanic eventually relinquishes his bike, and Gabriel slides a possessive leg over it before she can decide there’s something else to fiddle with in the precious last few seconds. The bike’s ready and waiting, and there’s something sexual about the purr of the engine beneath his thighs that’s got him more turned on than he’s been in ages. It’s the adrenalin, he decides, normally lacking in his carefully planned conquests. Sex rarely makes him feel alive.

He fastens his helmet with practiced ease, plain black visor coming down to protect his eyes, and do something to hide his identity. Though he tries to keep his name out of the news these days, he’s still semi-famous, though perhaps not amongst this particular subset of street life. He’s always been far too privileged to be involved in any sort of gang warfare.

He closes his eyes for a moment as they start to count down to the race start. A minute. Thirty seconds. The final countdown, and the gunshot that signals the start of the race.

He gets a decent start, leaning away from the bike that threatens to take him out immediately, and spins the bike round the corner with little thought for safety. Behind the black mask of his helmet, he’s grinning in wild delight as the bike responds like a dream to every direction, perfectly tuned and exactly what he’d needed tonight.

Some of the riders drop off the back, either failing to keep the pace or crashing out. The streets are tight and the course is sharp, and with the pack still so big some are getting shoved right against the walls, ruining their bikes and sending the racers flying. There’s no time to worry about it, no time to even look as something explodes near him, as any distraction from the race will see him join them.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-04-2017, 10:19 AM

roman's revenge

lThe wo-world is my punchin' bag and If I'm garbage, you're a bunch of maggots Make that face, go on, scrunch it up at me Show me the target so I can lunge and attack it Like a, raah, raah, like a dungeon dragon You fell off, off, they must've bumped your wagon You must've went off the back, I'm 'bout to go off the deep end I told you to stay in your lane, you just choked in traffic --------------

Slipping the helmet on his head, he strapped it securely beneath his chin and waited for his mechanic to move out of the way. Once all the entry money was collected, everyone waited for the MC to hand off the money to his assistant. The counting didn't take long (the "bank" was good at their job, apparently), and once more the rules of the race were reiterated. NO dominions were allowed to be used. This was a race all about skill and skill alone. No using demons to win the race or sabotage other participants.

Minjae rolled his eyes. Yeah yeah, we get it already. Come on! Initially he hadn't even wanted to be in this race. But now that he was here, surrounded by other adrenaline junkies like himself, he couldn't shake the feeling of elation that coursed through his veins. He was ready for this. He was ready to do this. His blood was pumped and his muscles taut with the anticipation of the oncoming competition.

The signal was giving for everyone to start their engines, Minjae hopping up and stomping down so that his engine could roar to life - the vibration of the machine exhilarating as the tremors moved between his thighs. He could hear Asmodeus screaming in his mind, cheering him on. As much of an ass his demon could be, he could be a good thing from time to time.

And then everyone took off. Minjae's bike tore through the middle, passing two on either side of him with ease. Leaning forward, he could feel his form melding into the bike - treating it like he was one and the same with the machine. Though he kept his eye on the road for the most part, his umber hues darted to either side of him periodically to make sure that someone was coming up on his blind spot to try and do something funky with him.

But no sooner had he looked, he saw another racer lifting up one of his legs to try and kick the back end of his bike. Oh no. He wasn't about to have that. Minjae hit the brake for half a second, allowing him to be parallel to his would-be assailant. Lifting up his right leg, he decided to pay it forward - slamming his heel into the guy's knee to throw him off balance. His "enemy's" bike wiggled, forcing him to focus on regaining control on his bike long enough for

Minjae to peel off ahead by three more racers. He chuckled, the sound lost inside the confines of his helmet and he watched as four others ahead of him turned a sharp corner. Minjae shifted down a gear, rolling his body to the side so that he could lean the bike down as far on its side as he dared, his hand reaching down to touch the pavement and could hear the grit of the ground scraping against his gloves. God, he fucking LIVED for this shit!

The corner was cleared, but one person had crashed out - not able to put enough of themselves down onto the ground to make the turn. Minjae was coming up on them fast, and after he righted himself, he shifted gears and revved the engine so that he could pop the front of his bike up and sail over the person who'd fallen with ease. First the back tire, then the front met the pavement and Minjae was leaning forward again, only three more people in front of him and he was already closing the distance between the one in third place and himself.

If anyone could have seen through his tinted visor, they would have seen the biggest, shit eating grin on his face right then.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 01:11 PM by Gabriel De La Croix Posted | 10-06-2017, 01:10 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

To his surprise, Gabriel finds himself in second, with a decent chance of making it to first. It helps the race has been dirty; dominions may be banned, but racers had not been shy about using more natural weapons, feet and bikes forcefully shoving others over. It’s pure luck he’s not been involved in one of the collisions.

He keeps his position through the next few streets, heart in his mouth as his bike barely makes each tight turn, foot catching on a wall at one point and throwing his balance off. It’s a wobbly few moments but he manages to get control of the bike again, forcing his chest flat against it as he attempts to catch the elusive fucker in first place.

He grins behind his helmet. Adrenalin courses through him, blended with a heavy dose of confidence from his unexpected success. Turns become tighter as he takes more risks, shaving off precious distance between him and the bike in front, and for a moment he thinks he’ll manage it.

Until he cuts a corner too fine and the bike slams into the wall. He’s sent flying, thrown across the ground with enough force that even his leathers rip, stripping the skin from any exposes skin. His head cracks against the walls when he eventually comes to a stop, leaving his ears ringing and him too dazed to move.

Fuck, he thinks, as he fights the urge to be sick in his helmet. Everything hurts, but he can still feel all his limbs and he doesn’t seem to be at risk of bleeding out. His pride’s probably been the most wounded; the idea of losing is a sour thing, quickly killing the elation he’d previously felt.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-06-2017, 03:29 PM

roman's revenge

It didn't take long for Minjae to catch up with the person in third place. He was now just on the tail of the person in first and that person, in turn, was catching up with the one in first. It was going to be a close race and he could feel his heartbeat hammering heavy against his chest and ears - ringing like gongs to further push him along. A bead of sweat threatened to trickle down his forehead, attempting to get into his eye. But even if his own sweat had gotten into his eye, he wouldn't have allowed the sting of it to distract him.

He'd go barrelling through the finish in first if with tears streaming down his face, be damned.

The course was drawing to a close. Just a few more streets and it would be the end of the race. But he just couldn't quite catch up with the person in second. However, from the way the guy's bike wobbled after nearly catching the wall, it didn't look like he'd be in the race much longer himself if he didn't watch himself. Umber hues stayed fixed on both the road ahead and the person in front of him. Kicking up the bike to the next gear, Minjae roared his engine to amp up his speed and it was soon where he could easily touch the guy in second if he just reached out far enough to do it.

And then it happened. They rounded the next corner and Minjae saw it happen just seconds before it actually did. He could tell that the person in front of him wasn't going to make the next turn in time. He hadn't put enough momentum in his body to clear the wall. And as the sparks flew upon the person and metal crashing into it, it took everything Minjae had not to follow suit. With a clap of the brake and dragging his own foot across the street, he was able to swing the back end of his bike as it lifted into the air - rotating a full 360 as the engine continue to scream with life. When the back end finally touched the ground, he sped off, giving the person behind him a final glance as he watched them finally rolling across the pavement.

That was probably the worst wipe out he'd seen that night.

He almost didn't care about the race anymore. Almost. But the girl with the flag was just a few yards away now. The guy in first cleared the line and Minjae was seconds behind him, coming in as the runner up. However, he didn't bother to stop as he quickly swerved his bike around in a 180 just as other racers were clearing the line. ...I better go make sure that guy's alright.

Asmodeus gave a gruff of annoyance. He didn't approve but he wouldn't say anything else about it. Burning out and leaving smoke behind him, Minjae peeled off and was soon at the guy's side. It looked like he was still gathering his wits about him, but at least he wasn't unconscious. Yet.

Killing the engine, he lept off the bike and pulled off his helmet - sweat soaked bangs clinging to his forehead as he looked down at the man. "Hey, you alright man?" he asked, holding his hand out to him to help him up.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-06-2017, 05:41 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

His ears stop ringing after a few more minutes, decreasing to an acceptable buzz in his ears, and he tries to pull himself to sitting when he’s reasonably confident he’s not going to throw up. He yanks off his helmet just in case – he has no desire to trap it next to his face. The night air is a cool relief on his sweaty face, and he takes a moment to appreciate the breeze on his skin before he starts to catalogue his injuries.

He’s bleeding in numerous places and he’s likely to be black and blue tomorrow, but there’s nothing that looks serious enough to worry about. He’ll get a biomancer to clean him up when he gets home, heal the road rash before it scars. He’s still vain, even with the ugly scars across his back.

He’s still pondering his grated legs when Minjae turns up, bike roaring into existence near him before it’s suddenly cut. He turns his head to look at his new companion, elbow resting on his discarded helmet.

He takes the offered hand and staggers to his feet, swearing under his breath as he puts weight on his feet. He hurts, though the adrenalin flooding through him keeps him from feeling the worst of it, and the boots support his ankles enough to keep him from wobbling.

“Yeah,” he affirms, grimacing as he looks down at his ruined leathers. “Looks worse than it is, don’t think I damaged anything important.” Lucky, again, as he always was. “Think my pride’s hurt worse. Nearly won.”

He blows out a breath in irritation. “Sorry. Thanks for coming back to check on me.”

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-07-2017, 02:08 PM

roman's revenge

Asmodeus never understood Minjae's sense of duty. He had talked to him about it once - commenting how he thought it was the strangest thing that he, despite his mafia laced background, always felt the need to help someone in need. Minjae would just retort that his mother had raised him not to be a thug, which was true. His mother may have been married to a mafia boss, and as the title suggested, she was a mob wife, but that didn't mean she didn't have any manners. In fact, she was probably one of the classiest ladies he knew.

And as such, Minjae was often told by her that he should always do what he thought was right - even if that meant going against his father. His life was his to live and it was to be lived on his own terms. Nothing more. Nothing less. Live his life to the fullest possible extent that he could.

So, it went without saying that Minjae ignored Azzy's rambling and mutterings as he made sure the guy who had wiped out horribly was, indeed, all right.

As the man stood up, Minjae quickly appraised his injuries. Well, he certainly looked worse for wear, but that didn't mean that it was actually as horrible as it appeared. The man, too, seemed to be appraising his own wounds and reassured him that he was all right. That it did, in fact, look worse than it actually was. “Think my pride’s hurt worse. Nearly won.”

Minjae chuckled, giving the man a affirmative squeeze of the hand through their leather gloves. "Ha, that you did. I was right on your tail for a while," he said easily, nodding his head some. "It was a good race."

“Sorry. Thanks for coming back to check on me.”

He shook his head and grinned wolfishly back at the man. It was a habit he had started to pick up from Asmodeus now. "Nah, it wasn't any trouble. You wiped out pretty hard back there, man." He gestured with his chin to the poor man's bike. The auto nut in him wept for her. "You weren't like those other assholes trying to knock me down on purpose and, I'm gonna be straight up, you're lucky you didn't break anything solid with the way you rolled." Nodding slightly, he smirked back at the man. "But hey, you win some - you lose some right? Name's Minjae, by the way. Minjae Jeon. I wouldn't mind racing you again someday."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-07-2017, 04:04 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Tested my luck a bit too far, I guess.” He’s not as experience a racer as the others, so maybe it wasn’t surprising he hadn’t realised the limits and had crashed out. But he’s so used to winning regardless of whether he actively engages his dominion or not that every touch of bad luck is an unexpected, unpleasant surprise.

He glances the remains of his bike, a sad wreck of a once beautiful thing. Now the racers have moved on and the road is cleared, he should probably see about securing the remains before someone else decides to help themselves to it. Even wrecked as it is, it’s still an expensive bike and repairs will cost far less than replacing it.

“Gabriel,” he replies. He peels off his gloves and swipes a hand through his sweaty hair, pushing it back from his face. That, at least, is undamaged, though the paint’s been taken off the whole side of his helmet, leaving ugly grey scratches in its place. He unzips his jacket, just to make sure he’s not damaged something and not realised, but other than a nasty scrape up his left abdomen, visible through a grey tshirt, he thinks he’ll live.

“I’ll take you up on that offer.” His pride stings from his loss, so maybe another race will be good for it. Not like this stranger will know if he abuses his luck to win. “Most of my bikes end up sitting in my garage untouched.”

“Do you race much? You seemed to know what you were doing.”

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-07-2017, 08:32 PM

roman's revenge

“Tested my luck a bit too far, I guess.”

Minjae laughed, nodding his head a little. "Hey, you can't really say you've lived until you've pushed yourself to the edge, right?" And it was true. You never really learned how to appreciate life and all that it had to offer if you didn't risk your life at least once. It was the beauty of it all. At least that's what his demon had taught him.

He watched as the man began to slowly peel off a few layers here and there, further inspecting himself. He saw the nasty injury starting to show beneath his gray shirt. Well, he certainly would need that looked at. As he introduced himself as "Gabriel," Minjae filed the name away in the back of his mind - Asmodeus taking note as well. The demon often didn't bother with knowing people or the people who knew Minjae, but someone who was an adrenaline junkie like his host? Well, he couldn't ignore it.

Minjae grinned as Gabriel agreed to having another race with him someday. He was definitely looking forward to it. But, his eyes lingered to the mess that was his bike. Well, he certainly wasn't going to be racing with that baby anytime soon. Minjae's brows raised thoughtfully at the mention of bikes just sitting around in the garage. "That seems like a waste," he said with a laugh.

“Do you race much? You seemed to know what you were doing.”

He gave a nod, brushing some of his wet bangs out of his eyes. "Yeah, though cars were my big thing back when I raced in Seoul," he said, shoving his gloves into the back pocket of his jeans. "You know your way around the streets pretty well, though," Minjae paused, motioning his elbow toward the wreckage that was Gabriel's bike. "You, uh...you got someone who is gonna take care of that?" He paused again, looking back at Gabriel with a half grin. "Though, I guess the more pertinent question is...do you need a lift?"

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 05:35 AM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

His apartment’s on Behemoth, but Invidia owns a number of apartments in Ghost Town for convenience and one of them will be good enough for now. It’s probably better that he gets himself cleaned up and healed before he heads home, as he’s got no desire to be judged by the tower block’s other residents.

“I was born in the City. You get to know your way around.”

He pulls his phone out of his pocket, intent on texting his mechanic, but swears when he sees the state of it. His mobile is a sad, shattered thing, He must have rolled onto at some point during the crash, and there’s no way it’s going to be usable now. Damn it. He’d feel the loss keenly until he could get one of his tech guys to replace it tomorrow.

He sighs, irritated, though Minjae’s offer of a lift will solve some of his problems. “A lift would be fantastic, if you don’t mind?” He accepts, as he’s likely to have no luck with flagging down a taxi at this time of night with no phone. “My mechanic should be somewhere at the finish line. I’ll get her to organise getting the bike collected.” It was a risk that someone else would try to take it in the meantime, but as mangled as it was it was an awkward theft to attempt.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 04:15 PM

roman's revenge

Humming to himself, Minjae nodded. So, he lived nearby? Well that was a good thing. Not that Minjae wasn't prepared to drive him to the lifts to take him to whatever floor he stayed at, but it was nice seeing as how Minjae's own place was in the area. Well, one of them anyway. You could take the boy out of the human realm, but you couldn't take the human realm out of the boy so, honestly, it was no wonder he was so comfortable residing in Ghost Town since it reminded him of Seoul.

When Minjae saw Gabriel pull out his phone, his eyes caught the shattered screen and inwardly winced. Well, that certainly wasn't good. He was going to offer to let him use his, but then it probably was more likely that he didn't know people's numbers by heart. Who memorized phone numbers anymore? Well, Minjae did because of all the times he'd been in and out of jail... though now apparently they were letting people use their cell phones in jail now? The criminal system was getting lax.

“A lift would be fantastic, if you don’t mind?”

"Nah, it's not a problem," he said, gesturing for Gabriel to follow him back to his bike.

“My mechanic should be somewhere at the finish line. I’ll get her to organise getting the bike collected.”

Minjae hopped onto the bike, roaring the engine to life and waited for Gabriel to climb on behind him. He slipped his helmet on, securing the strap under his chin and then lowering the visor. "Sounds good. I have to collect my second place winnings anyway," he said with a grin.

Once he knew that Gabriel was securely set behind him, Minjae kicked up the stand on his bike and tore off down the street. The finish line wasn't that far from where Gabriel had wrecked. It took a short minute and a half for them to reach the finish line once Minjae had pushed the bike beneath them. Skidding to a hault, he saw his own mechanic coming up to him - swearing in outrage at having come to the finish only to take off in such a mad rush. Minjae shrugged, holding his hand out to the MC of the race as he handed him a fat whad of cash secured with nothing but a rubberband that looked like it was going to pop. He grinned, stuffing the money into the inside pocket of his jacket as he waved off his mechanic and stepped off the bike.

Looking behind him, he slipped off his helmet to look at Gabriel. "I'll be here when you finish up your business. I have to listen to my own mechanic yell at me for a little it seems." The statement was given with a smirk, but he was going to be really irritated having to listen to all this nonsense. The sooner the yelling was finished, the sooner he could get this man home.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 01:02 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He stuffs his helmet back onto his head and fastens it loosely. He’s already crashed once tonight – surely his luck can’t be bad enough to make him suffer a second, especially since they won’t be racing this time.

His body protests as he pulls himself up behind Minjae, and he swears loudly, visor still up, as he leans on something tender. Despite the fact the man’s been nothing but helpful, especially when Minjae owed him nothing, Gabe can’t stop himself from thinking that those should have been his winnings. He carefully bites his tongue as they move off, hands gripping the edge of the seat to avoid having to cling to Minjae. He did have a little dignity left.

He slips off the bike as Minjae accepts his winnings. “I’ll be back as soon as I can,” he promises, moving purposefully off towards the indignant form of his own mechanic. They’re joined by a couple of the race officials – Invidia employees, worried for their own skins following Gabe’s accident – but it’s enough people to sort out the collection of the bike, even if the mechanic does look like she’s about to cry. Still, it’s what he pays her for, and he has other bikes. He’s never been attached to material goods.

“There,” he murmurs, when he manages to extract himself from the gaggle, waving off offers of a lift. He does appropriate one of their phones, though they’re too scared of him to protest the command. It’s irritating enough to be without his own; he does not need to be cut off from the world completely as well. At some point he will need to call a biomancer and a lift back to Behemoth. “Do you have a GPS, or should I just give you directions? It’s not far from here.” A ten minute ride, if that.

Find Minjae Jeon

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
8 Threads
49 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 04:59 PM

roman's revenge

Minjae gave a nod as he watched Gabriel walk off to go deal with his business. He fished into the inside pocket of his jacket, pulled out his pack of cigarettes and lit the end as he let his helmet rest on his thigh. Asmodeus made a noise in his head, poking at him for smoking but Minjae didn't care. He had earned this smoke, dammit, and by fucking God if he wasn't going to have it. It had been a great race, he'd come in second and he honestly probably hadn't really earned it. If Gabriel hadn't wiped out, he would have come in second - or maybe even won the whole thing.

He was satisfied, the adrenaline pumping through his veins causing him to smirk with the filter of the cigarette between his lips. The pull of the smoke caused the cherry of the cigarette to light up in the darkness, exhaling through his nostrils. As he slipped the pack back into his jacket, his fingers brushed up against the money. Pulling it out, he eyed the cash with a lazy expression. ...maybe I should give this to him?

"Are you fucking kidding? You earned that money!

Yeah, but...

His demon gave a disapproving huff. "So what if he was ahead of you? That fucker crashed out. Don't you give him that money, Jay!"

Minjae sighed with aggravation, taking another long drag and then tossing what little remained onto the ground as smoke billowed from his mouth and nose. Fine, geez. Don't have to be so crabby about it.

He looked up just in time to see Gabriel approaching, shooing off what Minjae just assumed were a few of his fans. “Do you have a GPS, or should I just give you directions? It’s not far from here.”

The half Korean smirked, wiping the back of his wrist along his chin that was about to drip a bit of sweat. "Just give me the address and the bike's navigation will take care of the rest. If it's not far, then it won't be any time for us to get there at all."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
40 Threads
403 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-12-2017, 12:20 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Alright.” He offers a smile, and pulls up the address on his newly acquired phone. “Here, this should do.”

He climbs back onto the bike, ignoring his protesting limbs, as he slides the visor down. Bad enough to look like this without the wind making it look like he’d been crying on top of it.

It’s a small house in one of the nicer parts of Ghost Town. The building is understated and unassuming, though well maintained; no point in having secret safehouses if they were so flashy they drew Legion officers like a moth to a flame. The outside walls are whitewashed, and there’s even a window box hanging from one of the front windows. Quaint family life.

He pulls his helmet back off once they arrive. The ride’s made him feel a bit queasy again, still slightly off balance from the shock of the crash, and he’s glad of solid ground back under his feet.

Subscribe Pages (2): 1 2 Next »