Kairos
Wanted Thread
Fashion Designer [White Lotus] & Novelist
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-06-2017, 05:31 PM

Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through
losing you
Her jaw hurt.

This plastic smile that her lips were currently twisted into…it hurt her jaw.

As photographers came and took her picture, adoring young fans came to pose beside her and the cardboard stand with the cover of her latest fashion catalogue behind them. They all fawned over her, telling her how much they loved this work better than the last. How they were looking forward to seeing more of her work and designs in the future. How every nameless face came up to her, declaring to be her "number one fan" and her response would be a charming chuckle, a simple gesture of the hands here, and a flash of her infectious smile…

It all hurt her jaw to keep it up.

"Smile" he said, came the bitter thoughts circling around in Devon’s mind. "Good for the career" he said… I’m going to kill my editor and my agent.

On any other day, she would have seen it as some passing resolution – albeit ridiculous – that had managed to surface to the forefront of her ever ticking brain. Like how a child would see an ant walking blamelessly across the toe of their sneaker and torn between the idea of flicking them away with their middle finger or crushing them to nothing under the pad of their thumb.

It was just half after noon and the store manager she'd hired to oversee her latest boutique had declared that it was time to close shop for a bit. It allowed Devon a chance to take a break from giving autographs, to which she was grateful. The paparazzi had so graciously decided to leave her alone as well – though a few did sneak some shots for off the record purposes. Whether it was because they were fans of the White Lotus line or if it was because she was the granddaughter of Augustus O'Brien IV had yet to be determined.

Then again, she didn’t particularly care either way. All Devon knew was that her jaw really fucking hurt after all that fake smiling.

The manager brought her a cup of coffee, to which Devon accepted it gratefully as she sat on a bench just outside of the boutique, taking in the world around her at her leisure. She was allowed to let the smile fall from her face and could finally be left alone to her thoughts; the ones that seemed to be whispering epiphanies and skepticisms all in the same instance. Devon sipped her coffee from the cheap, paper cup that cost a few dollars too much simply for the logo on the side. However she wouldn’t complain. At least she wasn’t wearing a cheap, plastic smile right now.

Devon wasn't the tallest girl around the block, but she was no small fry by any means. Perhaps this is why, as she stretched her long legs a bit while looking up at the sky, she failed to take notice of the passer by that unsuspectingly tripped over her long legs and expensive Jimmy Choo's. Yanking her feet toward her, she reached out just in time to catch said person by their upper arm before they could fall – allowing them to steady themselves. She could not see a face – only a curtain of hair. "I'm terribly sorry about that," she said, only just now realizing that she'd spilled the contents of the cheap paper container on the sidewalk before standing to her full height and rolling her ankle a bit where to alleviate the small sting from where she'd gotten hit. "Are you all right?"

They gave a response, turning to finally look at her – allowing her the chance to see who they were. Blue-gray eyes took in their visage and it was everything that Devon had inside of them at that moment not to burst into a fit of overwhelmingly psychotic laughter. To think that she would actually be responding this way and in such a manner - like some pathetic white knight coming to the aid of some princess. Especially since she was often referred to as the Ice Princess herself. It was really too ridiculous for mere words to express.

Clearing her throat, she smiled and picked up the pitiful cup, tossing it into a nearby waste bin. "You’re sure you’re all right? No injuries or broken…things? I’d hate to have a lawsuit on my hands, and today of all days."

Gabriel -- THIS & THESE -- Well hello there...

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-07-2017, 08:50 AM

Smile and we smile, the lords of many lands;
Frown and we smile, the lords of our own hands;
For man is man and master of his fate.

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He’d been frantically tapping away at his phone, one final, crucial email before his next appointment, when he’s suddenly stumbling over outstretched legs he hadn’t noticed. He’s grabbed before he can embarrass himself, a steadying grip on his arm, though the stumble has sent her coffee flying to the ground.

He’s just glad it hadn’t made him drop his phone.

“Fine, thank-you,” he mutters, distractedly, as he finished the final few sentences of the email and hits send before he pulls his concentration away. Blue eyes finally glance up from the mobile and take stock of the woman he’d tripped over, surprising himself as he recognises her.

“Yes, I wouldn’t want to spoil your latest opening.” He smiles, charming, as he offers his had to shake. “Devon O’Brien, I presume? Gabriel de la Croix. It appears I owe you a coffee.”

She’s attractive, he assesses, as he studies her. There’s an energy about her that will draw people in – the pheromones probably don’t hurt either – and a product that will sell, a media darling. A good Invidia investment, even if the designer’s got no idea as to the criminal nature of her funding. Black Cat Entertainment is, for all intents and purposes, a legitimate agency, and Gabriel nothing but an interested shareholder coming to inspect his investment.

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-07-2017, 02:26 PM

Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through Breathe in What is happening? Walls are in the way How do I escape? Losing you Fading out of view now Losing you Feels like the Earth is falling through
losing you
Devon took a moment to appraise the gentleman before her, his piercing blue hues a nice compliment to her own fog-colored gaze. Any woman would have been a fool to not appreciate the air that this man carried and he certainly walked with purpose and confidence, even having tripped over her legs. She appreciated a man who could continue finishing his task, obstacles be damned.

“Yes, I wouldn’t want to spoil your latest opening.” Quirking a brow, Devon flashed a polite smile, one that actually doesn't hurt her face for a change, and took the man's offered hand as he continued to speak. “Devon O’Brien, I presume? Gabriel de la Croix. It appears I owe you a coffee.”

Her brows raised in recognition, not at him, but at the name. Well, this was certainly unexpected indeed. "Well, this is an unexpected surprise," she said, laughing softly at the tail end of the statement. "I wasn't expecting you until later in the week, Mr. De La Croix." Devon shook her head, shoving the air at his mention over the coffee. "Don't worry about that. There's more inside."

Was it luck, perhaps, or something more? The shop was "closed" for lunch and maintenance, mostly to get everything set up for the afternoon open and sales. She turned her head to look at her lovely shop front, then lofted a brow as she looked back at Gabriel. "Well, since you're here, would you like a tour? I can show you around now that all the fussiness of the morning open is finished."

Gabriel -- THIS & THESE -- Me-yow...

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-08-2017, 04:34 AM by Gabriel De La Croix Posted | 10-07-2017, 05:33 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Ah, I’m sorry.” He’s not, but he smiles anyway, a fake veneer of charming sincerity. He’d known she was busy with the boutique opening today and decided to visit anyway, wanting to catch her off-balance and before she could prepare a perfect PR mask. “I happened to be in the area anyway, so I thought I’d save myself a trip.”

He follows her gaze to her storefront, assessing it himself. Not his taste, but then he’s not her target market, and he assumes they’ve gone for what sells best. He’s seen the books, and so far she’s been a profitable investment. He just wants to make sure the increased funding is making enough of a difference to be worth it.

“A tour sounds fantastic, thank-you. I’d love to get to know all about you and your brand.” There’s something a little suggestive in there, a hint of flirtation, though the words are proper and business-like. He likes making people like him, especially people as attractive as she is. Beauty had always been a weakness.

“How was the opening? A success, I hope?”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 01:56 AM

losing you
“Ah, I’m sorry.” Devon grinned, knowing full well that Gabriel probably wasn't. In all the floors of The City, and of all the places he could have been, was he really sorry to be out there? Or that he'd made some kind of mistake? She highly doubted it. Nevertheless, Devon indulged him by simply saying nothing, tucking a stray bit of hair behind her ear. “I happened to be in the area anyway, so I thought I’d save myself a trip.”

She hummed in acknowledgment, taking the time to truly appreciate his appearance. He was definitely cut from fine cloth. “A tour sounds fantastic, thank-you. I’d love to get to know all about you and your brand.” A slight shiver ran down her back at the idea of "getting to know" Mr. De La Croix better, shaking her head slightly so that she could compose herself a bit.

"Well then, do step right this way." Giving a wide flourish with her hand, she gestured toward the door as she made steps to lead him into the shop. Her heels clicked steadily across the stone floor, giving a gentle shake of her head to the store manager when he was about to inquire about who the person was with her.

“How was the opening? A success, I hope?”

She nodded, giving off her patented business smile. "Absolutely, especially for an open for the morning. I expect the afternoon and evening openings will be even more successful." Devon guided him toward their main displays on one side - the high end lingerie fashion for both men and women in her collection. White Lotus encompassed both genders - gearing more toward a certain age group than sex. But it was pretty clear that her lingerie line was aimed toward a far more adult audience. She gestured toward a lovely set of black and white panty and bra set with a matching garter belt and stockings dressed on the mannequin. "The afternoon and evening opening will feature more of these items. There was a great response with my last line last season and I expect the sales will be even better this go around."

Grinning, she took the clipboard that her assistant handed off to her before returning to helping the store manager. Looking over the check list for the afternoon open, she appraised it critically before looking back up at Gabriel. "If there is anything you like, or a paticular style you'd like to see, let me know. I'll even it wrap it up nice for you." The last part was delivered with a soft laugh and wink on her part.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 05:08 AM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He follows her, half a step behind, as she leads the way to her little store. It was, unsurprisingly, busy with staff setting up for the next opening. It’s a slick operation and the shop has clearly been designed to appeal to the wealthier of the City’s youth demographic. Ten years ago, he’d have probably have seen most of her collection within a month.

He glances up at the mannequin she points out. It’s an attractive design, and he can see why it’s proved popular enough to be covered by several the City’s newspapers. He’d seen it in the Elysian Herald himself yesterday, tucked away under their fashion section.

He takes the opportunity of the assistant interrupting to peruse the merchandise instead, dragging his fingers across the tasteful lace cut-out of a pair of black knickers. There’s very little fabric involved – there’s more mesh than actual silk – but they’re pretty, and don’t feel cheaply made. He tests them with fingers, stretching the elastic, but the inside appears to have been finished to the same standard.

She finishes up with her clipboard and he abandons his exploration of the knickers, though her next comment makes a smile slide across his face as he meets her eyes, willing to play this game. “I don’t know,” he returns, deadpan. “What do you think would suit me?”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 03:48 PM

losing you
Devon looked over the clipboard, pleased with the numbers that she was receiving from their soft open on their newly rennovated website. Online sales were due to sky rocket in the next month, what with the launch of not only her new line, but the live online modeling of the clothing. Within a few months, she was hoping to secure a segment on a shopping network television program. She had been successful for several years, but Devon wanted to climb even higher now that she had been hired on with an exclusive contract for the next two years.

"Have our production crew tally up the final orders so we can have things shipped in two weeks," she said, handing the clipboard back to her assistant.

When she turned to look back over to where Gabriel was, she saw him investigating a pair of black mesh knickers disguised as silk lace. It was a little technique she had found herself extremely proud of. It had all the softness and sheerness of silk lace, without the irritating scrape along sensitive skin. "Well, is that to your liking?" she teased, but then blinked at him upon his own inquiry of what would have suited him best.

Blinking once more, she laughed softly before walking around him slowly, trailing her hand along his shoulder, then his back and then resting casually on the other shoulder. Humming to herself, she nodded as she snapped her fingers. "I think purple would suit you just fine. Yes, it would be perfect." Devon made her way toward one of the mannequins that was showcasing another of her newest designs, a purple, black and sheer set that she knew would attract the eyes of many when they saw it. "It's simple, sexy, and the draping of the sheer bralet will hide any love handles you may be shy about." Eyes fell to a half-lidded stance as her fingers trailed down the length of the mannequin's arm. "What do you think? Shall I prepare a dressing room for you?" Her grin broadened, unable to ignore the shiver that ran down her back as she imagined the older man in front of her undressing slowly out of his nice, classy clothes.

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 04:49 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

He's surprised that she’s forward enough to touch him, trailing an arm right across his back. He’s not quite comfortable with it, though the constant haze of pheromones makes it a surprisingly frequent occurrence, though he’s quickly distracted by the suggestion that he’s got love handles.

“No need to go to the bother.” His smile is all teeth, making it obvious he’s making fun of her. She’d have to try harder than that if she wanted to embarrass him; he’d willingly worn far worse than that before. “I can just try it on right here.”

He makes a pretense of playing with his top button before he abandons the charade, readopting his prior professionalism. “Do you have a catalogue of your whole new range? I’m interested in seeing exactly what you’re planning on offering.” He needed to remember he’d come here for a reason; fucking her might be a fun amusement, but it wouldn’t give him any information as to her financial viability.

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-08-2017, 06:21 PM

losing you
She wasn't used to putting on airs, but there was nothing else to really give her any sort of amusement at this particular moment. Why should it? The morning open had been a success and her afternoon and evening open would be just as successful, if not moreso. So Devon had no real cares in the world. What was it to just tease and enjoy herself while she could?

However, most people rarely played along. Like what Gabriel was doing. When he mentioned not to bother, she thought that he was simply shoving off her joke. But as he started unbuttoning his top, Devon felt her lips part slightly as a soft blush tinted her cheeks. Well then, that had certainly made things interesting.

But, like the charade that it was on both fronts, Devon grinned as he ceased his amusements on her part. His serious business persona returned and, as a result, so did Devon's. "Do you have a catalogue of your whole new range? I’m interested in seeing exactly what you’re planning on offering.

"Of course," she said with a nod, waving over her assistant who readily handed her one of their newly printed catalogues. She handed the booklet to Gabriel and waited till he began to thumb through the pages carefully. "The lingerie line is always a success, no matter what season it is. High end products for high paying customers. As for the urban line, it's going to be a nice mesh of modern and a bit of a throwback to the 90s. Color splashes on an overall pallette or street and edgy to match the image of casual but rough."

Moving to stand next to him, she flipped a couple of pages and pointed to a page or a recent photoshoot image. "This and several other styles are going to be the highlight of our upcoming Fall set."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 11:55 AM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“I see.” It seems acceptable, but he’s not enough of a specialist to understand which fashion trends are predicted to do well this season. All he can do is assess whether he thinks it’ll be a successful venture – made a little easier when he could see potential futures – and sate his own curiosity. He’s got his nose in every one of Invidia’s dealings, even if his Captains would rather be trusted to run their own domains.

He hands the catalogue back to the waiting assistant. “Never been tempted to model your own ranges?” He’s clearly teasing her, amusement evident in the smirk that pulls at the edge of his lips, assessing gaze clearly imaging her in one of the ridiculous lingerie sets she’d recommended he tried on. “Bring a more…personal touch”?

The assistant turns to leave, but he touches a hand to her elbow before she can. “Would you mind getting us some coffee, sweetheart?” It’s a little presumptive to order her own staff around in her own store, but he was so used to being obeyed that he forgets he isn’t always the one in charge.

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-11-2017, 05:42 PM

losing you
Devon was always the mindful business woman. It was why, more often than not, she always had successful business proposals and had a strong design team under her guidance. Early on after she'd graduated from high school, she had her first big fashion flop and under the tutelage of her mentors she learned early on that she truly had to conceptualize her own items and make them her own. When someone saw her work, they had to know it was her and not mistake it for Armani, Vera Wang or Khor's works. They had successfully branded themselves and it was her turn.

It wouldn't have been another year that she had garnered her first real success at a fashion showcase in France. It had been a lingerie line, and that had been her signature style for half of her years at Oxford. Eventually Devon knew that she wanted to branch out further and so she dipped her hand in the urban fashion industry and found it was easy to market her brand to stand out among the others.

Her next ambitious project was to do high end fashion along the lines of tailored suits and gowns. But that would be a project for the next season. Right now, she knew that she needed to focus on making sure her stores were successful and raking in the necessary revenue to satisy her investors.

“Never been tempted to model your own ranges?” Devon lofted a brow to Gabriel, easily able to discern that he must have been jesting. She grinned easily as she folded her arms across her stomach. “Bring a more…personal touch?"

She gave an amused laugh. "I haven't modeled my own work in years," Devon said dismissively. "Not since my first showcase. I find that I'll become even more of a perfectionist than I already am if I'm the one having to model my own designs." And it was true. She was a perfectionist and she hadn't gotten up the nerve to model her own line on the actual runway in a while. Devon found that many of her own lingerie would be better suited for others, as well as her clothes. It was considered a flattery and an honor if other designers wore another designer's work, so that's what she preferred to do - as she noticed that others did the same for her in the industry.

Devon was about to offer to show him the studio in the back, when she noticed that Gabriel stopped her assistant from leaving right away. “Would you mind getting us some coffee, sweetheart?” The girl looked at Gabriel, flushing slightly before looking at Devon for the final say. She gave her assistant, Julia, a nod and she smiled to Gabriel before nodding, giving a polite "Of course, sir" before turning to Devon. "You can bring it to the studio, Julia." As she watched her depart, Devon gestured past the front of the store toward the more secluded area of the back. "In every store I had a studio included in case people wanted to take impromptu photos with the clothes they'd just purchased. Call it a complimentary sort of service."

Guiding him to the studio, Devon gestured to one of the leather cushioned chairs near a lovely, modern coffee table and sank into a chair beside him after he'd taken his seat. Crossing one leg slowly over the other, Devon smiled lazily as she lofted a brow curiously to Gabriel. His overall physique was nice and definitely any suit would fit him like a glove. She wasn't shy about her eye roving, appreciating his natural figure before brushing some of her hair out of her eyes. "All jesting aside, if there really is something you like that you'd like me to wrap for you as a gift for someone, please feel free. Though, I think I'll dip my fingers in high end suits in the future if that means I get the satisfaction of knowing my brand will be on your body somewhere." Devon leaned forward, resting her elbow on her knee as she propped her chin in her palm. "You have a nice figure, Mr. De La Croix."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-12-2017, 12:43 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

Oh, but she had modelled it once upon a time. Those photographs were likely to be out there somewhere still; if he remembered about it, and still cared, he might have one of his tech guys dig them up. It would be interesting to see if the reality matched the images his imagination was graphically creating.

He follows her to the studio and takes the chair he’s offered, sinking into the plush leather and crossing one foot over the other knee.

“You’re too kind,” he murmurs, though there’s no hint of modesty in his tone. He’s well aware he’s nicely in shape, one of the few positive benefits of his insomnia and panick attacks. He’s not sure he would be quite so devoted to the gym if he didn’t crave the release it gave him.

His smile turns wicked at her comment about making him wear her name. It’s a surprisingly possessive thing, hungry eyes roving over his body, even if he knows it’s likely only an advertising strategy. “Mm, I like the idea of wearing your name,” he teases, softly. “Though are you trying to suggest those ruffled knickers won’t suit me? I’m insulted.”

Best not to encourage her about the suits; his tailor would kill him if he even tought about cheating.

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 10-12-2017, 01:18 PM

losing you
As a designer, Devon could appreciate lovely things in all forms. From nature, to architecture, to even the most violent of storms. But her eye could always spy out people and the ones who had physically appealing traits. Some didn't have to work for it. Others did. The natural beauties were so hard to find these days, what with people wanting to so readily put themselves under the knife. It hurt Devon a little inside that people couldn't appreciate the loveliness that all people naturally had inside of them. Because, after all, beauty started from the inside and worked on the outside. It was called "the glow" for a reason.

Perhaps that was why Devon did not particularly find herself all that beautiful. Others complimented her as such, but she knew better. She knew how broken and beaten and alone she was on the inside. It was why she preferred her moniker as the Ice Princess. She had ice in her veins, or at least that was the rumor. Devon was a ruthless business woman and a competitive designer. Every line had to be better than the last and better than others who participated in showcases with her.

Because no one could hurt her if she hurt them first.

Gabriel's words cut into her inner musings and she nodded her head politely. "It is simply the truth," she said easily, taking a moment to brush her hair out of her eyes.

“Mm, I like the idea of wearing your name,” he teased her, but she had been seriously considering it. Devon turned her face slightly so that her chin was in the very center of her palm, eyeing his face as the smirk played on his lips. “Though are you trying to suggest those ruffled knickers won’t suit me? I’m insulted.”

She chuckled softly, sitting up straighter and allowing her back to sink into the cushions of the chair. "Well, I certainly had not intended it to be an insult, Mr. De La Croix," Devon said as her assistant walked in with a tray which sat two nice coffee cups, saucers, and a ceramic tea pot with another container for sugar and cream. She smiled to Julia as she set it on the table. Thanking her, her assistant looked to Gabe shyly - a lovely tint touching her cheeks and then made her hasty exit. Julia was a plain girl, but had the potential to be a natural beauty. She was such a sweet thing.

Moving to grasp the pot, she poured the black coffee into Gabriel's cup and then into hers. She then sat back, gesturing for him to take liberty with the cream and sugar if he so desired. Devon was not one to meddle around with anyone's coffee or tea unless they so requested. "All I'm saying is that I'd fancy making a suit for you. See if I could make it in the high end design world of men's clothing. Women I'm not worried about - after all, I designed lingerie for years." Winking, she placed a spoonful of sugar and a bit of cream into her coffee, stirring it with the little silver spoon. She lifted both the cup and saucer up, inhaling the lovely aroma, and then sipped. This was certainly better than the coffee she'd had after the morning open but she knew her workers could only do so much and no one wanted to cater high end coffee with all the fixings so early in the day. "If you would indulge me, I could take your measurements today."

Find Gabriel De La Croix

Quote Post
Played by icarus
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Vice Lord of Invidia
Art Shop Thread
54 Threads
617 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 03:28 PM by Gabriel De La Croix Posted | 10-13-2017, 03:26 PM

GABRIEL De La Croix
Vice Lord of INVIDIA

♥ ♣ ♦ ♣

“Thanks, gorgeous.” He winks at the assistant as she leaves, recognising the hint of a the blush on her face, though he’s quickly distracted by the coffee Devon pours for him. He heaps a couple of generous spoonfuls of sugar into his own cup, followed by more than a splash of cream, and stirs it until the gritty sludge in the bottom fully dissolves.

“Oh really?” Despite his lingering doubt that she’s not up to the task of making something he’ll actually wear in public – her little line might be pretty, but he’s doubtful that her first foray into tailoring something so different will be enough of a success to impress him – he smiles at her, encouraging. No point in discouraging the poor girl, and he’s certainly not going to say noto her taking his measurements.

Besides, maybe he’ll be wrong and it will be a success.

“I’m game to be a guinea pig,” he accepts, sipping thankfully at the coffee. It’s not quite the expensive blends he prefers, but it’s good enough to enjoy, especially with the amount of sugar he’d tipped into it. “Who am I to say no to a beautiful woman wanting to put her hands all over me?” His grin is a feral thing now, sharp edges and obvious sexual undertones. “It’ll be interesting to watch your creative process at work.”

Find Devon O'Brien

Quote Post
Played by Eden
Development Thread
Human with Primal Demon
Thread Tracker
Kairos
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
15 Threads
142 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM by Devon O'Brien Posted | 10-13-2017, 07:59 PM

losing you
His response was a generic one. It was almost like he wasn't sure if she was up to snuff. Truth be told, she probably wasn't. She had designed lingerie for years and had gotten into the design world for younger, more innovative social groups where the fashion could be worn by any demographic. Rich. Poor. Urban. Hipster. Rebels. Classy.

It all went hand in hand with her line. But she had never thought to go for the high end world that she, herself, lived in. Perhaps there was a part of her that gotten bored with the look of it all. After all, she'd grown up in that high class society of the rich and the famous and the privileged. In her own way, Devon wanted to be able to connect with people of all walks of life. Design was her way of doing it at last.

His words cut through her thoughts and Devon smiled on cue. However, the tone soon changed from simple compliance to something dark and tantalizing. Devon raised a brow, feeling her lips part slightly before she sipped her coffee, peeking at him over the rim of her cup. "Well, if you're readily accepting my proposal, I suppose the sooner I should grab my tools so I can work my magic."

Standing, she set the coffee cup down on the table and went over to a small cabinet by the wall, leaning over so she could fish for her small tool kit. Once it was out, she set it down on top of the cabinet and fished for her measuring tape. Looking over her shoulder, she smiled to Gabriel and gestured for him to step onto the small round platform in the center. "If you would, Mr. De La Croix, please remove your coat for me?"

Subscribe Pages (2): 1 2 Next »