Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Edgelord
Art Shop Thread
29 Threads
356 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 12-24-2017, 04:52 PM

She's lain head-down on this table since being shoved in here. The table is cold metal against her face. The cuffs are cold metal around her wrist. The entire room is freezing, the jumpsuit that prisoners are made to wear doing little to capture any heat. It's how they assert dominance over prisoners, in little ways- uncomfortable seats and unwelcome stares. Anything to throw uncooperative criminals off balance.

Not that Ananke has necessarily been so. She's told the truth well told to, obeyed orders when given. But cop-killers tend to be despised by the guards, and ex-cops tend to be despised by the prisoners, and being both means that Ananke isn't exactly the most popular person here. Her inmates threaten to end her life on a regular basis (not that they'd be able to, soft and stupid as some of them are) and the guards go out of their way to inconvenience or discipline her. She wishes for freedom if only because it means not having to deal with these annoyances on a daily basis. It's not as if anything is waiting for her on the other side. The only person who's bothered to visit would be- well, her interrogating officer.

And what good has doing that been for her?

Find Kimber

Quote Post
Played by Brim
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Lieutenant officer of Grootslang
Art Shop Thread
2 Threads
38 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 12-24-2017, 10:38 PM

Kimber had been thrown off her game every since she heard about the arrest of her former captain. Ananke was the last person she expected to snap and kill someone because she was always the one in control no matter what. It was a shock to the system and Kimber had to put all her cases on hold to help out with this mess. It wasn't a case she wanted because she didn't want to have anything to do with what would happen next but she had been given the case and didn't have a say in the matter. On the other hand Kimber wanted to do it because she needed to ask Ananke why. She'd heard the reason given before but she wanted to her it from the woman herself.

She was in her office skillfully delegating a few of her cases off to other officers when a detective came to her door and told her that it was time. Kimber left her office with a single folder in her hand and a tape recorder as she walked to the interrogation room. Ananke looked so pitiful head down on the desk defeated and dressed in prisoner's clothing. The legion was already having trouble with Blackout and now this? She entered the room and stood by the door and looked at the other demon with a calm but serious face. "Ananke? Have they treated you okay?" It was well known that cop killers got no sympathy and a cop cop killer got even less.

From the moment she knew she would be doing the interrogation Kimber had a lot of thoughts run through her mind and there was so much that she wanted to say to her, but she decided to keep it professional. "I know you are aware of how this goes but I'll say it anyway to do it properly. This interrogation will be recorded for evidence and to ensure that this process is done within the law." Kimber drew her hair back a little and placed the recorder on the table and pressed the red button. "This is Kimber, Lieutenant officer of Grootslang and I am interrogating Ananke former captain of Grootslang."

She sat forward in her seat to make sure that the recorder could catch her as well as whatever Ananke said. "State your name please? Marriage and professional status?" Kimber waited until she answered those questions before she continued. "Is there anything that you'd like to say on your behalf before we start?"

Date :: Tagged :: Attire :: BGM: [♫]

Find Ananke

Quote Post
Played by SweetDreamur
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Edgelord
Art Shop Thread
29 Threads
356 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 12-25-2017, 10:54 AM

"I taught you better than that, lieutenant. Don't give the prisoner your sympathy unless you can use it."

The prisoner slowly lifts herself up from the table, eyes still downcast as she stares at the flat grey expanse of the table. There's very little point in refusing to cooperate, but also very little benefit for Kimber no matter what she does. Ananke has been through all this before, previous officers, previous interrogations. There is nothing she can say that hasn't been said already. Yet still, the Legion insists. Like it thinks she's hiding something from them, after all this time. Maybe that's why Kimber had been chosen today, and they think the familiar face will loosen her tongue.

The recorder starts to play, and Ananke sighs. This again. "Ananke. Single. Unemployed. And in prison." You would think the latter fact to preclude any possible unemployment. "There's nothing to say that I haven't mentioned before." This interrogation is already beyond useless, but it beats staring at the opposite wall of her cell. It's certainly quieter at least.

Find Sekah

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
OOC Roleplayer
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Head Admin
Art Shop Thread
105 Threads
1,069 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 12-25-2017, 02:47 PM

Mastery Gift for Ananke

Your dominion has grown in strength. Be careful: the danger of it has risen.

Your FORCE FIELD dominion ...

... has now achieved the mastery PROFICIENT. Congratulations!

Find Kimber

Quote Post
Played by Brim
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
2 Threads
38 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 12-28-2017, 09:13 PM by Kimber Posted | 12-28-2017, 09:13 PM

You taught me many things Ananke, betrayal wasn't one of those things.

Kimber wanted no part of this and she wasn't even sure why they put her on the case. She wasn't the first to interrogate the former captain, hell not even the second. If they thought that she was going to be able to get the former captain turned criminal to talk they didn't know her very well. Didn't they have people on the job who were good at profiling? Where was the mentalist? There should have been someone around who could have told them that Ananke wasn't Kimber's friend.

She thumbed through the folder while she listened to Ananke state the obvious for the record. If only the woman trusted her more, if they were friends Kimber might have been able to help her out. Now it was just awkward and uncomfortable. As expected the older demon gave up nothing and the lieutenant wanted answers, not just for them but for her also. Kimber grabbed the recorder and turned it off and leaned closer over the table. "Ananke talk to me. This isn't you and I know that so let me help you? There has got to be something you can give me to go on?"

Find Ananke

Quote Post
Played by SweetDreamur
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Edgelord
Art Shop Thread
29 Threads
356 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-01-2018, 09:14 AM

It's not like she doesn't want to be cooperative. But whatever information Ananke has to give, the Legion acts like it's not enough. Or she's lying. And with such little evidence available- well, she can't blame them for the conclusions they're drawing. Going by protocol, it's exactly what the former captain would had done in their position.

And even then, Kimber insists on trying to help. She sighs. "We were scheduled to take down the warehouse, and the inside turned into a church," Ananke recounts, as she has a thousand times before. "The other officers disappeared. There was a priest. He told me to eat Officer Drury. And I was compelled to. There was no way to resist. Whether you believe me or not- that's all that happened. Unless you find him, and I doubt you will, you won't get any other answers." Clearly, from the story, dominions were at play- powerful ones. And despite this, there is no proof. No evidence, save for the eye witness accounts of the rest of her officers as they'd barged into the warehouse, only to see the outcome of the crime, not the events preceding it.

Find Kimber

Quote Post
Played by Brim
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
2 Threads
38 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 02:59 AM by Kimber Posted | 01-14-2018, 02:59 AM

In the world they lived in demons roamed the lands and had attached themselves to people and given them unnatural powers and abilities. With that being the case it wasn't hard to believe that someone had used their power against Ananke. People used their powers against others all the time. No the problem here was there was no proof.

It was crap that's what it was and the fact that no one believed her was complete BS. Ananke had been on the force for years and yea she was odd, but her service jacket should have been enough to at least give her the benefit of the doubt. But nope, they seemed very happy to just sell her down the river. Kimber was starting to think maybe this isn't a place she wants to work any longer. "I'm sorry this happened to you and I'll do what I can. Did the priest say anything else? What did he look like?" She decided to speak with the other officers next and question them until someone said something that would put her on the right track. "From what you're telling me it sounds like you were hypnotized. Can you think of any enemies you have that have that power?"

Find Ananke

Quote Post
Played by SweetDreamur
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Edgelord
Art Shop Thread
29 Threads
356 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 02:09 PM

'Any enemies.' It's a desperate idea to cling too and they both know it. "I was Legion," Ananke says the obvious, because it looks like it needs reiterating. "Every criminal in the City automatically becomes an 'enemy'." More than that, she'd been a Captain. You don't need a personal vendetta with a Captain to want to bring them down. Just a criminal record and a plan that might work in your favor.

Still, if it makes Kimber happy... or at least, more satisfied over the meager amount of control she has over this: "He had silver eyes. He knew who we were. He'd intercepted the mission- he knew why we were there. Hallucinations. Duplicity." Those are the dominions that seem to fit the bill, not that those two alone are enough to identify any single criminal. "High mastery level. I haven't met a perpetrator with that skillset that I would be aware of." The trail has gone understandably cold.

Find Kimber

Quote Post
Played by Brim
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
2 Threads
38 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 01-18-2018, 05:13 AM by Kimber Posted | 01-18-2018, 05:13 AM

Kimber stared at the other demon, her expression serous and a little disappointed. "You're being dramatic Ananke. I think we both know that not every criminal in the city is against us." Especially went some dirty members were taking pay offs. "Secondly, not every criminal in the city would have a grudge against you personally or the means to set something so complex up. Look, I understand this is a pain in the ass for you, but if you want to get out of here how about helping me out here?"

She wasn't happy or satisfied in the least, but Ananke was a fellow officer and she respected the woman. Those two things were enough reason for her to want to put forth her best effort and crack this case wide open. Kimber didn't write anything down, but she committed it to memory for later and turned the recorder back on. "From what you're telling me, it sounds like you were set up. Someone put a hit on you most likely and this person was the man hired to do the job. So tell me, out of all of everyone you've arrested who would gain the most by taking you down. Think Ananke."

Find Ananke

Quote Post
Played by SweetDreamur
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Edgelord
Art Shop Thread
29 Threads
356 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-20-2018, 08:50 PM

Kimber raises a point. The sheer amount of effort it must had taken to find out about the raid in the first place and plan the whole debacle is enough to imply some deeper motivations. But, she remembers meeting a man like that one from the church, a long time ago. Before becoming a captain, before growing up in the most literal sense of the word. Not the same, exactly, but he had identical eyes, and judging by the church itself, hallucinations probably had something to do with that.

But then, why not bother to hide the eyes?

Perhaps that's a red herring. "Etienne Blanchard recently spoke to me. Wanted to make me an offer, but I refused," she suggests. "Kashiro Henche was once investigated. Very uncooperative." Though she seems like a flippant kind of woman who wouldn't bother with such a stunt. "Taiga Hisoka, interrogated and searched. Nothing came up." Obviously. Though everyone in the Legion suspects, unless it's not confirmed for them anyways, what he deals with. Still, none of the people listed were particularly close to being arrested of any crimes, only suspected. Only lightly investigated. "The rest, I doubt would have the resources to pull something like that off."

Subscribe