Legion
Wanted Thread
Undercover Detective | Prostitute
Art Shop Thread
7 Threads
82 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-02-2018, 09:41 PM

She was out of the field for the holidays, apparently as a special treat or something like that. Honestly, Cassandra was more uncomfortable sitting at her desk than anything. There was paperwork to do - and she hated paperwork - and there were just so many other officers. The regular desk jockeys, and the detectives and sergeants and lieutenants who returned to their desk on the regular.

Her desk typically sat and collected dust, though she did have a nameplate on it, and the drawers were full of things. She even had some personal effects on the desk itself: a couple of old, worn photos; a vase with a silk rose; and a smattering of smaller, almost kitschy knick-knacks.

It was her desk, but it didn't feel like her desk. Everything was in its proper place, but… she sighed, spinning around in her chair, her head lolling to the side from sheer boredom. There was a reason she took field work as an undercover detective. Sitting around the office just… didn't do it for her.

But, at least it was warm, she didn't have a dozen lecherous guys hitting on her - none of whom were her mark - and she could get a cup of coffee whenever she wanted it.

That last bit was especially nice. Once her chair stopped spinning, she planted her feet on the floor and pushed herself up, wandering to the break room to check on the coffee pot. Empty. Of course. Well, that just meant she could have the excuse of starting a fresh one.

She chatted amiably with some of the others as they wandered in, idle chit-chat that annoyed her more than anything, but it was socially acceptable and she didn't really know many of the people who worked at her precinct. One of the banes of being gone so often, she supposed.

Not for the first time did she wish she'd accepted a position in Vetala. Working with her friend Jiyong was always nice, and sometimes their precincts did come together for that, but… well, if she worked with him, how quickly was he likely to find out about her… secret?

No. It was for the best that she worked on a different floor. They could do field work together when needed, and she'd still be around to help him out if it ever came to it, but she was better off not in the same precinct as Jiyong. She didn't think he would really understand, and she didn't want him to be put in that kind of position, anyway.

The coffee made and her mug full, she wandered back to her desk. How many more hours did she have to sit here and pretend to do paperwork that she'd largely already completed? Something interesting needed to happen, and soon, or she might go crazy.

Outfit | January 2018 | Monai Precinct

Find Mikhail Ashcroft

Quote Post
Played by Lady Kyo
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
CEO of Ashcroft Enterprise
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-13-2018, 06:44 PM

Oh the duties of being a good big brother. Mikhail sighed at he walked through the station towards his sisters office. Not bothering to knock on the door he pushed his way in and smirked at Rebekah's annoyed growl. "I come with food, you ungrateful little shit." Dropping said food onto her desk he quickly dodged to the left as a paper weight came flying towards his head. "Is that any way to treat your dear, beloved brother who took time out of his busy day to bring your lazy ass food?"

Another thrown object, stapler this time, and he made quick work of stepping out of the office and pulling the door shut. There was a loud bang and he wondered what book exactly she had tried to peg him with. Grinning to himself he turned to leave but his eyes tracked across the office and landed on Cassandra making her way from one room to another with a coffee mug in had. His grin turned into a smirk as he headed back out to his car. "Two birds. One stone."

In a few short minutes he had returned to his car, fetched a bag from his trunk, and was making his way back inside. While he did not know Cassandra well, or even at all except for what Dyrnar had told him, he knew she was important to his friend and thus a gesture of good will should be made.

Granted, Mikhail was not good at that kind of thing, but no one could say he didn't try.

Stopping outside her opened door he knocked his knuckles lightly against the wood. "Hello, Cassandra is it not? I'm Mikhail Ashcroft, I believe we have a mutual friend. Yay tall," He said gesturing to about half an inch above his own head, "Devilishly good looks, snarky mouth? Goes by Dyrnar?" Snickering softly he wandered over towards her desk. "and in the spirit of shared friends I've gotten you a gift for the holidays."

And with that he placed the elegant looking bag before her. Shiny and sleek, filled with beautiful wrapping tissue it very wonderfully his the sarcastic gift of a brand new leather bitless halter encrusted with green jewels. It would look wonderful on Dyr, if he did say so himself!

Date | 1/18 :: Tagged | Cassandra::

Find Cassandra Dubé

Quote Post
Played by Kitriana
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
7 Threads
82 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-13-2018, 11:04 PM

Well, that was certainly interesting. She glanced up at the owner of the knuckles that rapped on her office, her brow furrowing for a moment as she considered the man standing in front of her. He knew Dyrnar? She considered his appearance for a long moment, and put the face to the name she'd heard a few times. Mikhail. Had he been at the wedding? She'd been busy with other things, her mind preoccupied, but he looked vaguely familiar.

Perhaps he had been, then. "Those do sound like we're friends with the same Dyrnar, yeah," she said with an easy smile, gesturing for the seat across the desk from her. "A gift, you say? I'm afraid I'm a bit unprepared for that."

She glanced at the bag, one eyebrow raised slightly as she took it, nudging aside the tissue paper to take a peek. Her lips twitched as she saw the hint of a leather strap, and she glanced up at him, that same eyebrow raised, pale blue eyes sparkling with amusement. "I'm into a lot of kinky stuff, I have to say, but I'm not sure I'm quite into something like this."

Cassandra had a fairly good feeling exactly what its intended purpose was for, and the thought was amusing, to say the least, though it would never happen. Dyrnar's true form was far too large to take a halter, to begin with, and even if he weren't, there was no way her friend would ever consent to such a thing being placed upon him.

Even if it would look quite lovely being worn.

In terms of gifts, it was clearly meant to be more of a gag than anything, and she could appreciate it for that, though… a gift was a gift, and she couldn't possibly let him leave empty-handed.

She rummaged in a drawer of her desk, one few people ever went into, and drew out a small bag. On its side was clearly marked the logo of a local pet store, and inside… well, inside was a selection of chewy bones and even a squeaky toy. Cassandra wasn't sure of his true form, but she had a vague recollection of at least one story Dyrnar had told her, and, well… it would be amusing to see Mikhail's reaction, at the very least.

After all, look at what he'd given her…

Find Mikhail Ashcroft

Quote Post
Played by Lady Kyo
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-13-2018, 11:41 PM

The look on her face brought on a wide smile of his own. He could tell by her amusement that the gift had been received in same nature it had been given. A humorous moment to make their meeting both memorable and pleasant. Mission accomplished. Pleased with himself he watched as she rummaged through a drawer before handing her a small bag.

Furrowing his brows he took the object and brought it closer to inspect it but he needed hardly a glance before he realized what it was and his smile slid off his face in favor of a deadpan blank stare. "Hilarious." Shaking his head he wrinkled his nose in disgust at the chew bones but reluctantly shoved the 'gift' into his back pocket.

They could be thrown away at a later date but he would not do so in front of her. That would be rude and he wanted to be able to tell Dyrnar he had played nicely with his little friend when they had met. "Do I even want to ask why you have a drawer with chew toys in it?"

Find Cassandra Dubé

Quote Post
Played by Kitriana
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
7 Threads
82 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 12:10 AM

She bit back a laugh at the look on his face, though she did allow her smirk to reach her lips, pale blue eyes shining with contained laughter. "I have squeamish coworkers," she replied, shrugging one shoulder. "Turns out they weren't thrilled with the prospect of crunching bones or the slurping of marrow."

And sometimes she just needed something to relieve the stress. Something to break, to rend with teeth. Her desk had a few gouges in it, mostly hidden by stacks of paperwork - the result of a few frustrating cases, where her wolf claws had come out and she'd dug into the wood.

This was her third desk, honestly. The first two had been outright destroyed, and she'd had to promise not to slam her fists on her desks anymore.

It was better for everyone in the precinct that she be in the field more often than not. She was more suited to that work. Either going undercover, or going on raids. Both were fun in their own ways, both allowed her to blow off her steam productively.

She couldn't wait to get back into the field. Being in for the holidays sucked. "They also were a bit off-put by fresh heart. I swear it was cow!" She clicked her tongue disappointedly, her head shaking ruefully.

Find Mikhail Ashcroft

Quote Post
Played by Lady Kyo
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 12:23 AM

Tsk'ing at the thought of bending and caving due to another squeamishness he shook his head ruefully. No doubt his posh and snobby elder sister was one of the ones who had preferred the other demoness not enjoy a proper bone in the workplace.

"And that is why I am forever grateful to be my own boss. Anyone who does not like my snacking styles automatically offers themselves up as my next snack the minute they open their mouth."

Oh yes, that had been fun, the first time he had implemented that particular rule at the office. Even now it was an unspoken rule that none of the new employees were allowed to be made aware of that particular 'quirk' their boss had. Anyone who did suddenly found themselves either volunteered themselves or dragged downstairs to join the experiments if he was not feeling overly peckish at the moment.

"Please tell me it was not an actual cow heart? That is just.... disguising. Cow's taste worse than tofu."

Find Cassandra Dubé

Quote Post
Played by Kitriana
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Legion
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
7 Threads
82 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 12:35 AM

Cassandra waved a hand at him, glancing pointedly out at the rest of the precinct. "Cow heart," she said again, her voice implying that it had not, in fact, been cow.

But the Legion didn't need to know that. "Unfortunately, as long as I work as a Legion officer, I have to make nice. Fortunately, I'm not actually in the office very often."

He'd been lucky to find her at her desk, really.

"I actually prefer sheep, when it comes to livestock. Lamb is especially good, if you can get past all the wool." She grinned, and this time it was undoubtedly wolfish, a glimpse of her true nature shining through for the briefest of moments. And then, it was gone.

She was calm, collected Cassandra. A staunch defender of the law and justice. Well… as far as the Legion was concerned.

What they didn't know wouldn't hurt them.

Find Mikhail Ashcroft

Quote Post
Played by Lady Kyo
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 12:46 AM

"Shame." The words sounded disappointed at her feasting upon cattle heart but the half smirk and raised eyebrows made it clear he understood perfectly well. Just as he understood the need to play nice in such a place as this.

While he held just about, ya know, zero respect for any type of 'law enforcement' there was no denying these little kiddos playing cops did have some influence in the world and enough support from the brain dead humans and brainwashed demons that they had become a staple part of society. Getting on their bad-side meant dealing with a constant and persistent irritation in ones life.

Like a stray cat that simply would not stop following you.

"Well, If you ever desire to a true meal hit me up. I do love a good meal with friends." The implication was clear as he bowed slightly and turned to leave, his job done. Not only had he been a good little brother and brought Rebekah her lunch since she was swamped with work and made introductions and peace with his best friends lady friend but he actually found himself smiling a genuine smile.

If nothing else, Cassandra was definitely an amusing demoness and he was looking forward to future interactions. Dyrnar got Mikhail's seal of approval on this one. Best friend tested; brother approved.

Subscribe