Wanted Thread
CEO of Ashcroft Enterprise
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-12-2018, 08:53 PM

My Immortal Hitomi

The sun had not yet risen in the sky when he began his journey. Through the trees and deep into the woods where his wolves roamed free. Away from the eyes of stranger, of his family, isolated from all but himself and her. Nestled deep in the heart of the land was their place, known only to himself. Even his wolves who loyally followed at his side stopped at the edge of the heart, knowing this place was sacred. Always had been. Always would be.

Always and Forever.

Each step towards it was both a relief and an agonizing pain.

The mausoleum was immaculate. Even with the vivacious trees and wildlife surging to life around it, it was pure, pristine, and untouched. He made sure of that.

Not another. No. It was his duty to tend to it and he did so with a reverence he showed to little else. Carefully trimming away any vines or limbs that came to close, sweeping away the leaves and debris that dared to taint the buildings surface.

Inside he did the same. Dust swept away, windows cleaned. By him. It was his duty. His job. His penance.

For not being able to save her.

For not finding her.

For letting her down.

Only after could he face her. Turn his weary eyes to her shrine and allow himself to gaze at her face.

The portrait had been done and redone a million times over thousands of years. Never was it enough. Never did it truly capture her but this one was the closest. A psychic painter in Russia had dove into his mind. Lived through his memories of her and brought her to life on the canvas. It was almost enough.

Almost.

Running a gentle finger across the canvas he let out a quivering breath and let his eyes fall shut. Quivering breaths escaped through his lips as he started to speak, slowly and carefully, lest he allow himself to break. "Hello, my love. I'm sorry it's been so long. Things have been.....difficult."

Flashes soared through his mind. His father. His son. The Loss. The Rage. The Agony.

No.

Shaking his head he let his fingers curl into a fist but did not remove them from the canvas. He needed it. Needed her. To ground him. To help him keep control of himself.

"My father is alive and my son and brother are dead... We held their funeral pyres the night of our Winter Solstice." The words were barely a whisper as the memories fought their way through his barriers. "I laid to rest my son and brother the very night we should have celebrated our lives."

Clearing his throat he shook his head and gave a low growl. "We cannot find Roythrn. He has masked himself from all ability to track him. We have no idea where he is or when he will strike again but we know he will. He promised and I..... am scared.

Only to her could he admit his fears. Only she would pass no judgement and only she did he trust enough to hold his secrets. She had always been the one. Even when she was naught but a toy stretched out upon his table, cut open, bleeding, and at his merciless whim he had known.

Never once had she asked him to stop. Not a single time had she begged him for mercy. She had taken everything he had to give and in return he had given her all he had to give. His rage, his violence, his insanity. His respect, his heart, his soul.

So many years trying to break her and she was the one who had broken him.

"I don't know what to do, Tomi. I don't know how to protect them, my pack, our pack. I'm going to fail them. I'm going to lose them."

His biggest fear. Never before had he felt such a feeling but after having her snatched not just from his arms but from his world entirely he had learned the true meaning of loss. The deep aching hole in his soul that a thousand years could not fill. He knew he could not take much more. He was already so close to breaking.

"I need you. By the Gods, I need you. And more than just a visit. More than just a letter and a visit to fleeting to soothe my soul. I need you here, with me."

Reaching into his jacket he removed the letter. Her letter. Bringing it to his nose he inhaled the scent of her, holding it close and letting it comfort the beast within him. Half of him had believed their meeting on the Solstice had been but a dream. A hallucination of his own making, formed from his own need to see her.

They had not spoken, after all. No words were needed. They just needed each other. Palm against palm, fingertips pressed together as they soaked in each others presence before she was once again cruelly torn from his side. His screams had echoed throughout the compound that night. So cruel was fate to give him but a few precious moments with her. It was enough to drive him mad. Break him down and send him into denial.

But her letter was still there. Her scent still lingered in his room and he had clutched the parchment to his chest, refusing to move until he could no longer smell her, feel her.

Slowly lowering the letter he propped it up against the shrine with trembling fingers before his knees buckled. Kneeling at her feet, fingers clutching her portrait like a drowning man clinging to rope as the tears he had been fighting back for so long finally burst free.

It was to much. He could not do this anymore.

Had he not lost enough?

Had he not been punished enough for his sins?

"Please come back to me."

Was this his fate? To spend eternity watching the ones he loved be ripped away?

Was it even worth continuing on?

Should he deny his father the satisfaction?

Give fate the middle finger and bow out on his own terms?

Would he be able to be with her if he did?

Miyuki would be fine without him. Kolton could handle the pack on his own. His siblings would move on.

Be glad even.

Pain in the ass Mikhail gone forever, no longer a thorn in their sides.

That's what he was, was it not? In his attempts to protect them, to love them, they viewed him as vicious and callous so would they not be happy he was gone?

Would he?

If he was with her he knew he would finally be complete. The hole in his soul would finally be filled.

"I can't do this without you, Hitomi. I won't do this without you."

"I can't do this without you anymore. I can't."

"I won't"

DATE: 1/18 | TAG: Hitomi | WEARING: | BGM:

You still have all of me. . .

Find Hitomi

Quote Post
Played by Tomi
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
Accountant | Demolitions
Art Shop Thread
2 Threads
16 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-14-2018, 02:09 AM

The Convergence has begun..

The door had been open for the briefest moment. The merest few moments that they could stare and believe. That they could hope. The moment their fingers touched, interconnected - saw his face. Breathed his air, his essence. The tears fell as they crashed into each other. No words.

There were none in the human or demon tongue that could define it. There was no quantification of the emotions that soared between them. It was a moment in time. A blip on the timeline of their existence. Then once again, as the solstice had waned? They were pulled apart again. Cruelly, she disappeared and faded from his view.

I love you!

Did he hear her? Could he read that on her lips she wondered? Could he tell in the moment that they touched? Would that letter convey it all? Eons of time wandering the dark recess between worlds had changed her - marked her. Black ink bandings and scrawls wrapped around her hips, trailing down the side of her leg. Random symbols and items had darkened into her skin, the longer she stayed. It was if the darkness tried to communicate her mood.

But that pain had long since stopped bothering her. Had long stopped being a thing that should matter.

She could swear she heard him. Even now.

Like she was strapped to the table...

...curled next to him by the warmth of a fire.

His voice was low and melodious, his fingers in her hair. It was cold there now, there was nothing left that could possibly cause her to hope.

"Miki?" Her brow furrowed as she finally stirred from that place in the darkness.

"I can't do this without you, Hitomi. I won't do this without you."

"MIKI?!" She pushed to stand her bare feet bruised and calloused from the time walking. "Why!? WHY ARE YOU LETTING ME HEAR THIS!?" Black eyes narrowed in her growing fury, spinning around in the nothingness.

"Send me back!"

"I can't do this without you anymore. I can't."

Her hands slammed against her face to top the onslaught of tears. This desperation. This sadness. No, no. This isn't right.

"SEND ME BACK?!" Hands balled as her scream echoed, the way it did, in the echoes of time.

Sacrifice. Voices hissed. In the darkness, something ...finally spoke.

"Sacrifice? You've had me for thousands of years! What more do you want from me?"

P-p-poweerrr...

The tattered robes that covered her offered little warmth against the cold numbing feeling in her soul. "You want power? Fine. Take it. Take whatever you want! Send me back as a lesser demon! I don't care! I DON'T FUCKING CARE!?" The rage and defiance vibrating in her vocal chords was half growl, half roar.

"Take what you will! But please...please just...just send me back."

"I won't"

Wind strong, whipping, blew through the world she had inhabited. The sound causing a piercing, shrill whistle as she felt her skin burn. All the markings were on fire. Her screams, again, were drowned in the vacuum.

The trees around the mausoleum rustled, the leaves and branches wobbled and swayed. The sound of the world splitting echoed outside. The building shook, knocking and crashing things to the floor. Ruining the tidy work he'd made. That same echo of the world screaming in pain cause eardrums to pop.

A great rush of air entered the crypt. The night grew darker as that hole widened. Before she knew it? The darkness was brighter. The wind pushed her from that in-between place.

And she felt weak.

She felt tired.

And even as her body fell from the hole ....with ground fast approaching, she still smiled. Because if she was going to die?

It might as well be in the real world.

The hole began to close as Hitomi was ejected back into the world.

WEARING "this"| BGM X

When you cry, I'll wipe away all of your tears...

Find Mikhail Ashcroft

Quote Post
Played by Lady Kyo
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
White Rabbit
Wanted Thread
CEO of Ashcroft Enterprise
Art Shop Thread
12 Threads
99 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 01-15-2018, 02:50 AM

My Immortal Hitomi

Something was stirring. Outside. Away from his sanctum. There was a shift in the air. Wind picking up and power surging around him in waves. Sucking in a sharp breath he forced himself to rise to his feet. Seconds passed. Slowly he regained control of his breathing, of himself, and he gave her portrait one last longing look before turning away and slowly making his way out of the building.

God he did not want to.

Whatever was happening could wait. He needed this. Needed time with her so he would have the strength to compose himself, face the world head on with a clear head.

But with Father on the loose he simply could not take the chance. He had to go and see. Leave her behind and face reality without her.

Pushing past the doors he carefully, lovingly, shut them behind himself. 'Goodbye, my love.'

The wind was picking up stronger now. Narrowing his eyes he reached out with his senses. No one was around for miles save his wolves on the outskirts of the dense forest about a quarter mile away and the wildlife that were currently scurrying away, fleeing from whatever was happening. Whatever was coming.

Because something was coming. Both here and not. A heartbeat. Somewhere to the east...and above. With long determined strides he made his way closer towards the source. Bottling his grief, fighting it back, he bit back everything, hid them behind layers of walls and locks. He had to.

And then something was falling. Someone.

Thump. Thump. Thump.

A heartbeat growing louder and louder. Turning his eyes to the sky they widened slightly as he caught sight of a figure racing towards him form the sky. Quickly positioning himself to catch whomever it was he braced himself as his arms latched on to the body as it drew close enough.

The impact was rough.

The realization was rougher.

"It cannot be." The words were barely a whisper as his knees buckled for the second time that night. This time, however, instead of clasping a portrait of her he held her body instead.

Hitomi.

His Hitomi.

A million thoughts rushed through his mind, all clambering to be the loudest as he knelt on the cold forest floor and stared into those eyes he had not been able to drown in for thousands of years.

'It's not her.' a voice whispered.

'It's a trick! Someone is playing a cruel game.' Another yelled.

'You are hallucinating. You're mind is to broken. You are seeing what you want.' This one was a shout.

All were ignored.

Even if it was a trick. Even if it was a hallucination brought on by grief over the recent loses. It did not matter. Not now. Not in the moment.

Because just for a second he let himself believe. Let himself be tricked or fooled or lost to his own mind. None of it mattered.

"Hitomi?" If he could have nothing else from the world he would allow himself this moment. To wrap his arms tightly around her, pull her closer to his chest. Relish in the feel of her skin against his, her heart beating in unison with his. A moment to let his trembling fingers cup her cheek gently, oh so gently. "By the Gods, Hitomi. How I have missed you, my love."

A fleeting moment of denial to bring their faces together and sob his love against her lips.

DATE: 1/18 | TAG: Hitomi | WEARING: | BGM:

These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real.

Subscribe