Wanted Thread
Administrative Apprentice at Henche and Sweeney
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 03-20-2017, 03:20 PM

[Image: post%20pic%20ken_zps0cjermbm.jpg]
It was a sunny, warm day. Sage woke up and immediately opened all the windows in her room, letting in a pleasant breeze. A small, content smile sat on her face as she breathed in the air. It was her favorite kind of weather and, even better, it was her day off from working in the shop. She stretched upward then turned to the phoenix perched at her headboard. Orcus was watching her with half closed eyes. She grinned at the demon, knowing he knew exactly what she was thinking.

"Do you know what I think we should do today?" she asked, knowing exactly what the demon was thinking.
"Canoeing!" she answered without waiting, the phoenix echoing here word with much less enthusiasm.

"I hate the lake," he grumbled, knowing it would do nothing to change Sage's mind.

Sage paid no attention to the muttering demon. Instead, she turned to her closet and pulled out a one piece bathing suit and flowing sundress. She changed, threw on a hat, and called for her demon to follow, who did albeit reluctantly.

"I'm headed out to the lake!" she called to her mother who was cooking in the kitchen.

"Don't forget your bag!"

Sage had been trying to get to the City for a few weeks now. Orcus was anxious to move and Sage was excited, but she never quite seemed to get it right. Her parents reassured her that sometimes it took a few tries, but since the intent was there they encouraged her to always take a bag full of essentials: a change of clothes, a jacket, scarf, an umbrella, and her lovely rattlesnake companion. Sage always had some sort or reanimated friend with her, though she usually liked squirrels or small birds instead of snakes, but she had recently taken on the rattlesnake at her parents' urging. They wanted her to have some sort of protection aside from just Orcus, so now she carried around the loud, venomous rope.

Shouldering her backpack, Sage made her way toward the spot near the lake where her canoe sat. She eyed the phoenix flying above her head, worried he would throw another one of his temper tantrums.

"Can't we just sit near the water, or you go swimming while I fly overhead?" he groaned. "It gets so windy by the center of the lake."
"Why don't you turn into something that fits in the bottom of the boat? Or fly above?" The conversation was one they'd had plenty of times. "Oh, right. 'It's so much flying and I like being a phoenix because it is the absolute flashiest thing I could think of. If I'm in the bottom of the boat I get wet or go unnoticed,'" she said in a mimicking voice before smiling at Orcus. "Look, afterward we can go to that really tall tree and I'll climb to the top and we can sit there for a while."

The phoenix looked at her and bobbed its head. He wouldn't admit defeat, but he would at least quite complaining for a bit. Sage smiled at him as she pushed the little boat into the water and climbed in. It wasn't long before they were at the center of the mostly still water, Sage stretched out with her hat on her face and Orcus nodding off on the seat at her feet. Sage found herself daydreaming about the City, wondering what would happen when she got there, if she ever did.

Suddenly, Orcus started flapping his wings and the water got quite a bit more violent. Sage sat up, grabbing her hat with one hand and looking up, expecting to see a storm. Instead, she was greeted with a mostly clear sky that held a few fast paced clouds. The air smelled of salt and her skin felt sticky. Alarmed, she looked around to find that absolutely nothing looked familiar. She grabbed the oar and started battling the current. Waves splashed into the boat and Orcus flew up into the air.
"What's happening?" Sage yelled up at the bird.

"Of course you would do this!" he yelled back, a bit of fear in his voice. "Of course you would put us in the ocean! Of all places to end up! Row toward the shore, the shore!"

Sage looked around wildly until she found a bit of land in the distance. A large tower reached high above the land and Sage found herself grinning. The City. She'd finally found it. It only took a half an hour or so to get to the shore. Sage did not mind the fact that they got there drenched and salty, though Orcus was not happy at all about it. He sat on her shoulder, preening and ruffling his feathers, muttering about his hatred for water, let alone the sea. Even with the wonder that sat behind her, Sage could not stop staring at the ocean from the sandy shore.

"Orcie," she uttered in awe, "we're here. And the ocean is more than I ever would have guessed."

Orcus stopped muttering and cleaning and looked over at Sage. He ignored her use of her nickname for him and bobbed his head. "It is rather beautiful," he said, looking out over the water with her.

Find Gareth Maddox

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Pain in the Ass
Art Shop Thread
6 Threads
74 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 03-25-2017, 06:09 PM

It was a busy day in the City, but Gareth considered himself above all that.

Gareth liked to waft. It was one of his favorite pastimes. He floated around the City on his back, hands behind his head. Every once and a while he'd turn his head to look at the ants crawling the city streets, the shore of the harbor. It was a busy day off Tonton Macoute, ships appearing and disappearing, heading out into waterways and seas all over the world. The salty ocean breezes plucked at Gareth's coat, but his Legendary Flight insulated him from the cold.

He saw something by the shore—a boat, much smaller than the others appearing and disappearing. A canoe, he realized, bolting over to examine the anomaly. Looked like an accidental trip to the City, to him.

He grinned, diving down, flying in front of what he quickly realized was a girl—an incredibly cute girl, too. Human, and that airy sundress didn't cover anything. Golden hair, full lips.

He might be persuaded to cheat on his husband again, with this one. The breezes continued to ruffle Gareth's handsome head of chestnut hair.

"Well met," he called down, flying down and floating above the dunes, wriggling his toes in his boots with delight. "First time to the City?" he guessed, rather kindly. His laughing green eyes crinkled with his smile. "Thou art below the marina. This be private property. Owned by some club, I believe. We had better get you off it before security does."

His toes wriggled again. "Myself, of course, will not get into trouble. I have not touched their sand."

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 03-25-2017, 10:30 PM

Sage had been too busy staring at the ocean to notice the man flying above her. It even took Orcus a moment, but once he did notice, he flapped his wings to get Sage's attention. She looked up in time to see the figure of a man swoop down in front of her. Startled, she took half a step back, then eyed him in amazement. Back home, no one had much in the flying dominion. The only person she could think of with it was from school, and she could barely stay afloat. This man was not only staying afloat, but he seemed to be hovering with quite a bit of ease and plenty of control. He had to be in the upper masteries of the dominion.

The sun from bounced off the water and obscured her vision a bit, but what she did see was quite appealing. He had a rugged kind of handsomeness about him with dark, chiseled features. The girl didn't notice the fact that she was still wearing her bathing suit under a somewhat overly light sundress that was meant mainly as a cover-up. Sage felt herself relaxing at the site of this stranger, to the irritation of Orcus. Don't forget to be wary of strangers, the phoenix thought to her. The city brings in all kinds. And this one is a demon. He thought the last bit with some irritation. Orcus was not terribly fond of other demons.

Sage brushed him off, thinking about the rattlesnake in her backpack. She thought about getting out her sweater as the breeze made her shiver, but decided against it.

At the strangers words, Sage nodded in response to his question about her being new. Then she looked around as if expecting security to be right behind her, waiting. She hadn't realized it was private land. That wasn't good. She looked back to the man and couldn't help but return his smile. He had the kindest face. She laughed a bit at his joke.

"I didn't realize this was private property. Uh-" she looked around again, but didn't see any clear definition of property. Looking back, she had to fight the urge to mimic the stranger's complex speech. "Do you know the easiest way off of the property? I don't see any signs or anything." There was no easy sign saying "Once you're past this, you're good!" Plus, she was worried about getting caught by whoever was nearby.

Above all, Sage couldn't help but feel excited about her new adventure. Already, she was meeting new people in this new place. A tinge of excitement colored all her thoughts.

Find Sekah

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
OOC Roleplayer
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Head Admin
Art Shop Thread
53 Threads
681 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 04-08-2017, 11:57 AM by Sekah Posted | 04-08-2017, 11:56 AM

Ascension Gift for Sage Clemins

Something is unlocked within yourself. You've walked down the World path. You may choose not to walk this path, and forfeit the growth you've achieved. If you wish to follow it, you may choose only one of these roads to advance upon. Which will it be?

Ascension Choices

The World Tier 1. Ascension to "THE GOBI DESERT"
The Gobi Desert is a path of change, success, voyaging out into a new mode of being or emigrating to a new place. Rare species of animals like the elusive snow leopard can be found in the Gobi Desert, where the dunes are said to sing.
You feel new possibilities within you. The dominions flight, water, earth, and dust are now augmented. Your character may show unusual command of those dominions for their mastery.

The World Tier 1. Ascension to "THE NIAGARA FALLS"
The path of the Niagara Falls is a path of movement, of water finding the best route, to spectacular consequences. The Niagara Falls cascade down and spray your face with fresh, clean water. The Niagara falls were there before any modern countries. Many countries will fall before they disappear. The route they take and the water they cycle is ever-changing, and yet to a mayfly or a human, there is a permanence about the falls.
You feel new possibilities within you. The dominions flight, water, earth, and dust are now augmented. Your character may show unusual command of those dominions for their mastery.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-09-2017, 02:09 PM

[Niagara Falls please! <3]

Find Gareth Maddox

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Pain in the Ass
Art Shop Thread
6 Threads
74 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-10-2017, 03:31 PM

It was hot, in truth, Caribbean summer down in Haiti, whose weather patterns Tonton borrowed.

"There is one way, young Miss, that is very easy. Would you like to fly with me?" he asked, the popinjay preening and stroking a hand down the front of his black leather coat. He held out a hand to her, a calloused paw that befitted a sailor. His smile was perfectly charming, his green eyes dancing. A self-satisfied smile like a cat fat on cream crossed his handsome face.

The sea wind plucked at them both.

"Ye'll have to leave thy sturdy vessel behind, though," he teased, nearly cooing. He stood, waiting for her decision, hoping she chose to come with him. He liked pretty girls on pretty days.

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 04-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Sage looked up at the man and couldn't help but swoon a little, to the irritation of Orcus. When he offered to fly her out, a wide, excited smile spread on her face. "Wait, like, fly? Like actually fly?" Sage felt herself giggle at the idea of actually flying. It was such a ridiculous, wonderful thought that she couldn't help but act a little silly. She blushed a little, feeling extra silly by comparison to this suave, well spoken man, but that didn't budge the smile from her face.

She looked over at her boat and shrugged a little. "Honestly," she said laughingly, "I'm not sure it can even float properly after what the ocean did to it. Alas, good days gone!" She joked, though she did feel a little tinge of sadness at losing the small boat. Many summer days had been spent out on the lake with that kayak. But, better days were ahead of her now, or at least she hoped.

Sage looked back at the man and took a step towards him. "I could never give up the chance to actually fly," she said with a twinkle in her eye. "Plus, I do need to leave this area, right?" The girl feigned seriousness, though her excitement kept her voice from sounding anything close to serious. Reaching out, her smooth, small hand met his rough one. There was something wonderful about the feeling of his calloused hand in her hers, something rough and wild that could only come from hard work outside.

With no idea how to prepare for flight, Sage readied herself however she thought she should. That basically meant taking a deep breath and moving close to the man. He smelled like leather mixed with the sea, which was wonderful since Sage had only just now smelt the sea.

Find Gareth Maddox

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Pain in the Ass
Art Shop Thread
6 Threads
74 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 05-10-2017, 04:02 PM by Gareth Maddox Posted | 05-10-2017, 03:59 PM

"Speech," & Thought

Gareth grinned to himself, holding her hand, which was small and soft, as befitted a well-born lady's. He wrapped her in his power, which would shield her from the worst of the wind and cold. With another flex of his power, Orcus started floating too (not that Gareth knew his name, nor ever would remember it if he were told).

He wrapped the two in his power and they were off, up into the blue sky. The sight was spectacular, especially so high up. Gareth watched the sunlight shine on her skin, fascinated. He sky-walked with her, the wind making it impossible to converse (so he didn't try), and while he kept her shielded from the elements that would harm most, up so high, he was not nearly so careful that the sullen demon didn't get cold or wind-stung.

He took her up to one of his favorite rooftop gardens at the very top of the slope down into the Harbor. The garden was a wild tangle of flowering plants, Tonton broiling in late spring. He had a casual smirk on his handsome face. If she weren't at least a little seduced, after all that and the pheromones he possessed, he'd consider her frigid and probably leave her on the roof if she annoyed him.

"You're charming," he said. "My name be Gareth. Who are you?"

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

Posted | 05-22-2017, 02:18 PM

Sage was absolutely enthralled in the whole scene. She found herself looking down at the world below them, her eyes wide and her mouth open a little. Her eyes darted from one thing to another, unable to decide what to settle on. It was all so fascinating and straight out of a story book. She was so amazed that she didn't notice her irritated demon floating near them. I can fly. I literally have wings. Who does this asshole think he is? Plus I'm soaked. Orcus's voice filled her head, though she couldn't bring herself to actually listen. Between the flight and the close proximity to the stranger, Sage couldn't seem to focus on anything. That only made the demon even more irritated. He couldn't even properly show his irritation with his wet feathers. They just couldn't burn as bright.

They landed on the rooftop garden and Sage twirled around, looking at the flowers around her. She stopped in front of the man again, a bright, uncontrollable smile on her face. "That was amazing!" she said, a little too loud. "This place is so beautiful, too!" She spread her arms out, motioning to the entire garden all at once. Her heart raced and she just couldn't stop smiling at the whole event.

The light flush on her cheeks burned brighter at the man's compliment. Her smile softened a little and she moved closer, putting her hand out to the man. It was a weird way to greet someone, but she had always been taught that a good handshake was the best way to start a relationship. "I'm Sage," she said, looking at the man, Gareth's, face. She was so caught up looking at him, actually, that she forgot to introduce Orcus, who didn't take that very well.

The phoenix angrily flew into her bag before the entire thing burst with a blinding light. For a moment, Sage's back flared before it dimmed again and the girl rolled her eyes. The demon disappeared into a pile of ash. At least he was nice enough to do it in her backpack and not on the ground. "Sorry," she said, looking apologetically at Gareth, "Orcus is a huge baby basically all the time." She knew her words would only irritate the demon more(who could in fact still hear her) and she meant it to. She hated his little tantrums.

Find Gareth Maddox

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Pain in the Ass
Art Shop Thread
6 Threads
74 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 06-12-2017, 03:24 PM by Gareth Maddox Posted | 06-12-2017, 03:22 PM

"Speech," & Thought

"Nice to meet thee, Sage." He smiled and took her hand, shaking it firmly. "Gareth, Gareth Maddox. I am glad I could delight you."

Gareth prowled to the edge of the garden, looking out at the horizon. Sunlight shone on the multitudes of flowers on the rooftop, fat white magnolia, the crisp curls of multicolored roses, a strange mix of species. The tender, who Gareth had never met, must have been a plant mage, to keep so many disparate species.

A vine of heirloom tomatoes was growing on a trellis next to him, so Gareth pulled one fat ripe fruit off the vine, and a second followed not long after. He bit into the succulent red skin, hedonistic as always and addicted to sensation, and offered the second to her, pointedly ignoring her annoyed demon.

"It always amazes me how rapidly the human realm develops," Gareth commented. He took another delicate bite of the tomato, lapping the red juice from his lips before they could stain his beard. "The manners they possessed even a hundred years ago are now just stories to you. But there was a feeling of a dance about things, even then. My humans were always lower class, though, as most people were. Not all of them stayed that way," he commented. "My favorite started from nothing and became the finest pirate admiral of her age. That was high adventure, if ever I've seen some—"

Find Sage Clemins

Quote Post
Played by Jessica
Development Thread
Human with Civil Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Art Shop Thread
16 Threads
101 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 04:40 PM by Sage Clemins Posted | 06-19-2017, 04:38 PM

Sage accepted the tomato and took a bite, the juice dripping from her lips. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand and nodded a little as Gareth spoke. Her eyes widened as she realized what he was talking about.

"Wait," she said excitedly, "so you were a pirate like, back when there were a lot of them? I've always been in love with pirates and their stories. Today was my first time near an ocean, and I can totally see how people could spend their whole lives sailing the seas."

Looking behind her, Sage stared off toward the water, sighing a little. In her mind's eye, she was already sailing out in the open water, salt sticking to her skin and the waves pushing her one way or another. Then a thought struck her and she looked back at Gareth.

"What female pirate are you talking about?" she asked before taking another bite of the tomato. "It wasn't Anne Bonny, was it? Because then I'd be extremely jealous."

Sage's favorite stories had always been ones with lots of adventure; pirate stories had plenty of it. The female pirates had always fascinated her, but Anne Bonny was one of her favorites. She had been strong, stubborn, and independent, regardless of the expectations for women during that time.

Find Gareth Maddox

Quote Post
Played by Sekah
Development Thread
Solo Demon
Thread Tracker
Unaffiliated
Wanted Thread
Pain in the Ass
Art Shop Thread
6 Threads
74 Posts
No Content Restrictions

This post was last modified: 08-17-2017, 04:35 PM by Gareth Maddox Posted | 08-17-2017, 04:34 PM

"Speech," & Thought

"Nay, not Anne Bonny. Ching Shih, the pirate admiral of the south china seas. We lived a wild life," he commented. He sucked at the juices of the sweet tomato, licking them off his hand with a red flame of a tongue.

"I was a pirate in one of Asia's heydays of piracy," he confirmed, with a slow, sly grin. He leaned his forearm on the balcony, staring out over the glittering water. "Most of the West's piracy happened before the melding of man and demon. But Asia's greatest pirates ran later."

"We did enjoy our lives dearer, back then," he mused. He took another bite of the tomato, staring out at the tiny crests of white on the waves, which you could barely see up here.

"If thou doesn't know the sea, perhaps I could take ye out sometime."

Subscribe